Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    what fps should i put the visulations at 30 seems to low

The "Target FPS" setting is currently a bit of a hack :oops:. The current setting determines how many times per second the render call is made but doesn't take into account the time it takes to render. I'll work on this further after I iron out some of the more pressing issues. In the meantime, I have increased the maximum settable value from 30 to 50. I hope to have it committed tonight.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Important feature request: ReplayGain!

I currently use it with DirectShow filters (MP3 and FLAC files).
    Since internal player use its own internal codecs, ReplayGain support is very important... mostly for those of us who listen to tracks from various albums, and volume levels differ from one track to another...

Currently, there's no good solution (except for WinAmp) for ReplayGain with MP3 files. Native support (for all formats) in MediaPortal, will make it *THE* music player.

IDEA #1: Putting a 3-state button such as "ReplayGain: Track Gain / Album Gain / Disabled" somewhere accessible in the UI (even through a shortcut-remote-key, like the "S" key for aspect ratios ;-) will even make it a better music player.

IDEA #2: Perhaps the new tag-reader should also look for ReplayGain tags (inside APE and ID3v2 tags), and add them to the music DB (two additional columns should be added to the "song" table: "TrackGain" and "AlbumGain").

Want to hear your opinions!
    How many of you use ReplayGain?

I'd like this functionality as well ;) but haven't had a chance to look into yet. I'll have a look after I've finished up with the current issues.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    ...With latest SVN the Track Info pane in fullscreen contains no information when playing a saved playlist. when palying the same track directly (NOT FROM PLAYLIST) the info is OK. When playing a saved playlist there is some strange behaviour going on, even crashed out once when stopping a playlist to play the same track directly. Sorry I can't be more specific but don't seem to be able to replicate the problem.

I'll have a look at it. Thanks for the report.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    just a side note, i also get a crash of the configuration.exe when trying to select wgoom like a previous poster has said, perhaps there is something odd with that wmp plugin? also i would be interest to find out if we can make the fps higher than 30?

I'll take a look at the wgoom issue tonight. As far as FPS goes see most replay a couple of post up :)

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    I havent gotten around to it. But I planning to. Nothing like having your tweeters dangling out of the speakers when Britney Spears is played after some classical music...

I am kind of a nerd. I think that if only everyone used RG, producers would stop using excessive amounts of dynamic compression to be louder than anyone else, as it would work anyways =)

Does this player accept 24 bit output? I am thinking if large amounts of replaygain attenuation as well as manual volume controll is used, the 16 bits of CD could rapidly decrease to a lot less. By allowing 24bit out, no information would be discarded (and those with great soundcards could benefit from it).

BTW, great work SteveV! Amazing that it is allready so complete. I esp like fade in/out. Set at <1 sec it adds that subtle "class" to the whole experience =)

regards
    Knut

I'm pretty sure BASS supports 24 bit on non-lossy formats.

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    It relates to stream volume level. In my initial testing I ran into a playback issue that sounded like clipping. Reducing the level solved the problem. The default value of 85 might be a bit conservative so you may want to experiment ;)
    what's the actual number refer to... is it a percentage or something arbitrary?

Efros

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2006
    Maine
    Home Country
    England England
    I was hoping to get a number of fixes committed last night but ran into a number of issues. I'm hoping to have something in SVN tonight.

Great stuff, if you were local I'd buy you a pint, but then that would probly distract you!

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    edit: I'm not seeing any overlay with song info when a new song starts while watching fullscreen vis. I'm using the PMIII skin. Did I misunderstand this should be showing when enabled in the setup?

Hi Bram,

Please try with BlueTwo.
    As the default skin it's always up to date.
    All other skins, have to be updated by the maintainer of the skin.

Please inform Harley about that.

Regards
    Ralph

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom