Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Does anyone else have the problem that sometimes the visualisation part of the screen from "Now Playing" stays in plce when leaving the now playing screen? The only way to remove it is to restart MP. Kind of anoying.
I'm using the latest SVN of yesterday.

edit: B.t.w, when raising the volume the "raise volume" control acts like "next track" or "next chanel" somehow, but not always. It's kind of difficult to pinpoint exactly when it occures and what it does. I especialy notice it in the wwitv.com plugin. But also in My Music an while listening radio. So I'm guessing it hasmething to do with BASS.
I'll post my errorlog once I'm finished working.

aal

Portal Pro
July 15, 2006
I tried the Bass Engine and it works well however I later noticed that my digital connection to my reciever no longer worked when playing DVD, or when watching HD prgramming on Sage TV.

From what I can tell, PCM audio seems to work fine, but when the source changes to DTS, then it no longer works.

I simply change the selection of the BASS engine to the direct show engine, and all was back to normal.

Any ideas?

Marc

I have to bump Marcs problem with the BASS engine.
For a while now playback of videos with AC3 audio kept silent when played through MP (around the time I installed the first SVN release with the new music engine) whereas stereo encoded videos played back properly. I did configure the filters for video playback the same as in ZoomPlayer - where those files are playing just fine - which are AC3Filter with primary WaveOut device for the audio part.

Today i was fiddling around with various settings and build a MyPrograms configuration for launching ZoomPlayer on my video files. Surprisingly playing these files with ZoomPlayer launching through MP also dropped the audio.

I already assumed that the could be a problem with the music engine. First I disabled the MyMusic plugin in the configuration tool but without any success and then I reactivated it but changed the playback engine from BASS to DS and all problems where gone.

Don't know why this happens and it only seems to affect very few people but it would be nice to utilize the features of the BASE engine and still get AC3 and DTS output to an external amp.

If any further info on system specs or a log is needed just tell me.

Greetz
Patric

I can confirm Patric's and Marc's problem as well. Turning on the BASS engine results in no audio over S/PDIF to my receiver. Turning it off gets it back...

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Patric, Marc, aal,

i was trying this on my htpc now and don't seem to have this problem.
    i have BASS turned on and Dolby 5.1 and DTS is played without any problems.
    Do you have any special settings, like AC3Filter, etc.

i don't see how the BASS audio engine should interfere. But 3 of you reported a problem there.

could you please use Graphedit and look at the filter that is being created, when you play the ac3 stream.
    also a log pasted to http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com would be fine.

thx,

Helmut

Patric

Portal Pro
    August 27, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Helmut,

I'll post some more infos as soon as possible. In the meantime I can at least mention that a friend lately installed a new HTPC with Mediaportal and he is using the same soundcard: a Terratec Aureon 5.1. Et voilà - the same problem.

Perhaps anyone of the other can shed some light on their system specs?

As your question regarding additional filters. For testing purposes I chose the same filters in MP as in my ZoomPlayer where everything works fine - except when I start ZoomPlayer while MP is active and configured to use the BASS engine.

Viele Grüße
    Patric

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Patric,

i have the Aureon 5.1 myself and don't have that problem.
    awaiting on feedback from others.

regards,

Helmut

Patric

Portal Pro
    August 27, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well I now put the MediaPortal logs into pastebin and took screenshots of the graphs.

Without BASS-engine:
    http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com/11150

Graph-ohne-BASS.gif

With BASS-engine:
    http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com/11151

Graph-mit-BASS.gif

The funny thing is that I didn't setup MPA and ffdshow as decoders at all.

Is this of any help?

Patric

sebrock

September 14, 2006
    I got a 5.1 system from a Realtek HD Audio device. I would really like to start using the BASS engine as the new music player but whenever I use it I only get sound from two of my front speakers (i.e simple stereo). With the dshow player I get the full 5.1. Anyone seen this before or know how I could fix it? I set everything to 5.1 what I can see...

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    activate Prologic II on your receiver and let the receiver do the job for you.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Patric,

thanks for the update.
    the filters look ok and also no messages in the log.
    i really don't understand how BASS could affect that.
    need to run more tests.

regards,

Helmut

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom