New Music Engine (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommGuru

Portal Pro
October 30, 2006
Here's another unhappy G-Force Gold user. I purchased it and getting the same error listed earlier in this thread, yet Sound Spectrum is no longer offering the upgrade for MediaPortal users.

=/

YYota

Portal Pro
May 14, 2005
Here is a bit more info on my part to add the weirdness of this.

I do have ffdshow installed but only use it to correct luminance on the videos I play. I never use the audio part. Instead I use dscaler audio set to spdif. I checked in ffdshow and the setting for ac3 is liba52 and not spdif.

I did try mpa codecs, dscaler and ffdshow with spdif... but none would produce any sound if bass engine is used.

CommGuru

Portal Pro
October 30, 2006
I would like to report back my dealings with SoundSpectrum on the issues several of us were having and I'm happy to say that to resolve the issue, they have provided me with a 'complimentary upgrade to G-Force Platinum'. Now that is what I call support. :)

CG

rebootjac

November 5, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I posted this in the software support section and someone mentioned I should post it here instead. I have modified this post from the original version. Here goes:

I just grabbed the new svn--11-08-2006--20-00-Rev11629 snapshot that includes the BASS sound engine. I'm VERY familiar with this engine as it is the same one that I depend on in XMPlay to play my demoscene music. In my opinion, MP made a wise decision when it chose to implement this in their great software because a lot of these exotic formats still live on (just not as popular as for instance mp3s.)

However, my initial testing with the BASS engine in MP leaves me disappointed! I've been looking around on these forums for some answers but I can't find anything relevant so I'm posing some questions to the community.

Why does MP not play the formats that BASS was originally designed to play in their engine as XMPlay does? The formats I'm trying to play are specifically tracker formats (.mod, .s3m, .xm, .it, etc.) I made sure to add the extensions to the supported formats list and enabled the BASS engine.

Why doesn't "play cd" function in "Music" section not work with multimedia cds (cds that have more than one audio format on them).. is it just designed for audio cds? It should be labeled as so if this is the case. I've used past releases of MP so I am familiar with the UI, I guess to be fair I might not have used this function before until now. I wish MP would do a quick lookup and pop those files it finds in the current playlist and start to play them.

I understand that this is a SVN and not a stable release.. but I have yet to see any improved support with these types of files from switching engines! lol I'm hoping I can convince the great MP developers to enable these kinds of formats because it would be WONDERFUL to finally be able to play all of my music library and not just a small subset. Since I am new to these forums, I wanted to mention that I also use J.River's Media Center software (commercial software) and that can't even play tracker formats... I guess it's the holy grail that I have been trying to find since Meedio took a turn for the worst.

Patric

Portal Pro
August 27, 2004
Home Country
Germany Germany
Just some more info:
I had to reinstall my HTPC because of my harddisc beginning to fail.

So I reinstalled WinXP with all patches, DirectX9 Redistributable from august 2006, Mediaplayer 10.
As codecs I only setup NVidia Purevideo and ffdshow 2005-11-15 (like Commodore64 described in his thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=6661).
I installed MP without DScaler/MPA and activated "Exclusive DirectX"-mode. I then configured the NVidia codecs as video and audio codec in DVD/Movies/TV and had to choose my "Aureon 5.1 WaveOut"-device as renderer instead of the "Default DirectSound"-device.

And... still the same problem.
BTW I chose ffdshow because it doesn't really seem to be related to it because the problem also exists for other setups.

Patric

NLS

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
don't use this ffdshow build any more (not that it is related to the problem)

btw, there is a newer DX9 redistributable

Patric

Portal Pro
August 27, 2004
Home Country
Germany Germany
NLS,

just for the fun of it i'll a current version of ffdshow this evening or tomorrow.
Regarding the DX9 Redistributable, there doesn't seem to be any never localized version. Do you have a link?

Patric

Patric

Portal Pro
August 27, 2004
Home Country
Germany Germany
Rooster:
Thx for that link. Intentionally I meant the DX9 Redistributable but so I don't have to search for the latest ffdshow.

Patric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom