New Music Tag Reader -- Testers needed (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenEye

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    And yet another idea for improving imports:

Meedio has this nice feature of a decade field in the DB which is calculated from the year of the song during import.

Eventually, songs could be grouped by decade. When listening to music of a specific period, decades are a much better value than single years.

G.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Eventually, songs could be grouped by decade. When listening to music of a specific period, decades are a much better value than single years.
    This has nothing to do with import as the database should contain the correct year. It could be implemented as another view.

Steve, would you mind considering two new fields for the music database: dateAdded, dataLastModified?

This would allow for some new interesting features like "Play only new songs from this month"

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    rtv said:
    This has nothing to do with import as the database should contain the correct year. It could be implemented as another view.

Steve, would you mind considering two new fields for the music database: dateAdded, dataLastModified?

This would allow for some new interesting features like "Play only new songs from this month"

Good idea. Added to the database todo.

Thanks

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Version 0.23 has been released (see first post for link)

Changes:

Fix problem with coverart in MP3 files when file contains an APIC frame and mime type but 0 image data bytes
    Fix ID3V1 object contains garbage when MP3 file does not contain V1 tag
    Fix wma tag reader fixed (finally)!

GoldenEye

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    rtv said:
    [This has nothing to do with import as the database should contain the correct year. It could be implemented as another view.

I don't mind how the decade view can be acheived - as long as it's there and it's fast.

G.

zag2me

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2006
    Home Country
    England England
    Tried it out, worked perfectly on all the mp3s I had. Very fast too.

Good job.

GoldenEye

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    zag2me said:
    Tried it out, worked perfectly on all the mp3s I had. Very fast too.

Good job.

Same here. WMA file tags are now correctly read :).

I found one WMA issue, however: Whenever the songs of an album are assigned the "Rock" genre, the track are not correctly numbered. They start with "" and 1, 2 etc. Therefore, the 1st track has no track number, the 2nd track is numbered "1", the 3rd "3" etc.

Excellent work, Steve

G.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    GoldenEye said:
    Same here. WMA file tags are now correctly read :).

I found one WMA issue, however: Whenever the songs of an album are assigned the "Rock" genre, the track are not correctly numbered. They start with "" and 1, 2 etc. Therefore, the 1st track has no track number, the 2nd track is numbered "1", the 3rd "3" etc.

Excellent work, Steve

G.

Great to hear :)

Regarding the track numbering problem; it only affects files with the Rock genre :? :?? Can you email a couple of the files affected with the track numbering problem along with a note indicating what the track numbering should be? Specifically, it would be helpful to have the file that is returning an empty track number (track 1) and another one with any track number greater than one.

Thanks,

Steve

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey,

I have an MP3 that doesn't show it's tags correctly in your test app.

It works with WinAmp so I'm guessing it's a bug in the reader, hopefully this can help you.

The file has an ID3v2 tag, but no v1 tag.

If I use winamp to copy the V2 to the V1, Save, then Copy the V1 back to the V2 it then works in your tag reader, but the Genre says "0Blues" where it was meant to be "Blues" according to the original tag.

No errors are thrown by the tag reader and the log file entry looks the same as any other mp3.

I'm guessing it would be best if I sent the mp3 to you so you can test it yourself ?

It probably wont help you to know, but here are the details of the file:

Stereophonics - Dakota.mp3

Artist: Stereophonics
    Title: Dakota
    Album: Language.Sex.Violence.Other
    Year: 2005
    Genre: Blues

The genre in the file was blues, I didn't write the tags originally so I don't know why it's "blues", but that's not a mistake as far as I can tell cos winamp shows that too.

Cover Art: No
    Lyrics: No

reported by winamp:
    Size: 4745088 bytes
    Header found at: 1920 bytes
    Length: 296 seconds
    MPEG 1.0 layer 3
    128kbit, 11374 frames
    44100Hz Stereo
    CRCs: Yes
    Copyrighted: No
    Original: No
    Emphasis: None

Hope this helps, let me know if you'd like to see the file.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom