New Music Tag Reader -- Testers needed (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    knutinh said:
    Hi steve, running latest version now, ogg pros seems to be working now.

On question: would it be possible to include a human-readable interface for the database? It probably should be low-pri but if it is easy to implement. I mean sometying like .xml export/import so that the user may read the db info in an xml file, do search and replace manually, debug tagging etc, then import that info back into the usual high-performance database.

regards
    Knut

I'll add this to the long term todo. Remind me if you don't hear anything on 2-3 weeks.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    knutinh said:
    Done! Retrieved 17241 tags in 00:08:19,44 (0,029 secods pr track)

I scimmed the log. Common:
    MP3Tag.get_Year caused an exception: Input string was not in a correct format.

WmaTag.Read caused an exception: Unable to load DLL 'WMVCore2.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
    TagReader.ReadTag returned false for: C:\musikk\filename.wma

15.07.2006 18:41:29 MP3Tag.get_CoverArtImageBytes caused an exception: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

regards
    knut

What OS are you running the tag reader on? IIRC WMVCore2.dll is only present on WinXP SP1 and higher.

Regarding the various errors; can you email some of the affect files so I can try to track this down?

Thanks,

Steve

knutinh

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2005
    SteveV said:
    What OS are you running the tag reader on? IIRC WMVCore2.dll is only present on WinXP SP1 and higher.

Regarding the various errors; can you email some of the affect files so I can try to track this down?

Thanks,

Steve
    WinXP SP2

will mail files

regards
    -k

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    knutinh said:
    SteveV said:

Thanks,

Steve
    WinXP SP2

will mail files

regards
    -k

Thanks. One more question: which version of WMP?

knutinh

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2005

-k

(btw, your email account was full. Ttrying to sed mail with less attachements now)

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same problem with WMVCore2.dll

Hy,

I do have the same problem with the WMVCore2.dll.
    My system runs with WIN XP SP2 and Mediaplayer Version:

GoldenEye

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    knutinh said:
    WmaTag.Read caused an exception: Unable to load DLL 'WMVCore2.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
    TagReader.ReadTag returned false for: C:\musikk\filename.wma

Same issue here with WMP 11.0.5358.4827

G.

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    GoldenEye said:
    AFAIK the ID3v2 standard does not support multiple artists. But - from memory - WMP 10 presented multiple artist files correctly under each artist whenever they were separated with a column, e.g. "Ray Charles; Norah Jones".

G.

yup - that's right. it does the same with genres too, and it's a mighty useful feature! Basically it splits the tag up into multiple values with a ;

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Can those of you having problems reading wma files try this test version[LINK REMOVED]. It eliminates the dependancy on WMVCore2.dll.

Thanks -- Steve

[EDIT]
    Test version removed as problem should be fixed in MPTagReaderTest versions 0.23 and up.

GoldenEye

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    SteveV said:
    Can those of you having problems reading wma files try this test version. It eliminates the dependancy on WMVCore2.dll.

Thanks -- Steve
    Done. Unfortunately, the issue is not solved yet. But now, the error message is a bit different:

WmaTag.Read caused an exception: Die DLL WMVCore2.dll: Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x8007007E) kann nicht geladen werden.

(English translation)

WmaTag.Read caused an exception: The DLL WMVCore2.dll: The specified Module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E) can not be loaded.

G.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom