New Music Tag Reader -- Testers needed (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    Version 0.28 has been released (see first post for link)

Changes:

Fix: Incorrect duration calculation on some VBR MP3's
    Add: Bitrate column to listview

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    this is a little off topic, but while you're making big database changes can i suggest a couple of things? :p

- adding a 'dateadded' field to the songs table. this would open the way for things like a 'new tracks' view.
    - adding a 'datelastplayed' field to songs. again, this would enable future addition of a 'songs i haven't heard in a while' type view.
    - make a 'genrelink' type table, so that one song have multiple genres associated with it. these could take the form of a delimated list in the genre tag

lemme know what you think! :wink:

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    EqualRightsForWerewolves said:
    this is a little off topic, but while you're making big database changes can i suggest a couple of things? :p

- adding a 'dateadded' field to the songs table. this would open the way for things like a 'new tracks' view.
    - adding a 'datelastplayed' field to songs. again, this would enable future addition of a 'songs i haven't heard in a while' type view.
    - make a 'genrelink' type table, so that one song have multiple genres associated with it. these could take the form of a delimated list in the genre tag

I am currently checking if I can provide some changes to the MP DB environment (see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=17206&highlight=). If I can get through with that design, we will be able to link Songs to more than one Genre, more than one Artist etc. I will see if I can add the date added / played.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will see if I can add the date added / played.
    I already did this, too but didn't commit since I'd wait for Steve since the database import may change significantly soon

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    rtv said:
    I will see if I can add the date added / played.
    I already did this, too but didn't commit since I'd wait for Steve since the database import may change significantly soon

Hi rtv,

I am currently between playing and developing a new singular db design, which might be beneficial to mp. I am not sure when I will be in a state to publish something, but hopefully I can make a contribution. My ideas are stated in the topic I linked above.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    There have been no bug reports for a couple of days now. Can I conclude from this that the last version works *so* well that it's entirely bug free :wink: ? Or have I bored all of you to death :roll: ?

I'd like to wrap this up so I'd appreciate it if you could report any outstanding issues.

Thanks -- Steve

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    EqualRightsForWerewolves said:

lemme know what you think! :wink:

Added to the list of db changes.

Thanks -- Steve

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    NLS said:
    so this is not connected to MP in any way yet, right?

Not yet. It's far easier on everyone if I can work out any bugs in the tag reader before rolling it into MP.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom