[New] MyFilms v4.4.1.4 (1 Viewer)

kampswas

Portal Member
August 26, 2006
Ok Newbie Please Help Importing Collection

Here is my situation. I have all my dvd's in divx/AVI format. What is a simple way to import all my MOvies by searching my hardrive and creating a database. I dont want to go into plugging in one movie at a time (2000+) like most programs seem to recquire you to do. I use to run BEYOND MEDIA(ducking) and they have a nice plug in DVD library that searched and found all the movies with a simple directory search and simple edit. Why doesnt this Plug-in do that or does it? and I am missing it all together. THANKS! for the Help!

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
There is a automatic AMC updater available. This will get the filenames and add them to the AMC database. Then you can use the IMDB script to update movie info and download coverimages etc. I suggest you also put the script in bath mode if you have 2000+ movies. Otherwise you have to click OK on every update. Your probably will get some wrong information but it is probably easier to correct them afterwards. Give it a go and try.

jocke

Portal Pro
January 27, 2008
Home Country
Norway Norway
I've got MyFilms working w/ MP RC1. Afaik dB'es from 0.2.3 won't work in RC1. Try removing RC1, delete it's folder, install again, making sure no old dB'es is still there. Set up MyFilms from scratch. That's how I did it, and it worked just fine.

edit: It might be worth mentioning that I'm using the SVN-version of RC1, and also the SVN-version of MyFilms.

migube

Portal Pro
November 9, 2007
could we identify the DB's, as I had 0.2.3 before, removed it, installed RC1 (no SVN's) and this does not work.

Maybe it's SVN versionning after all?

tx

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Salut,

I ve installed the new RC1.0 and the latest plugin. It works, except I can't launch the movies from inside MP.
Using MP 0.2.3 my configuration works (Source as link to the movies), while I noticed the same with latest SvN builds.
I click on start/play the movie but nothing happens.

Anyone the same issue?
tx
Do you use the SVN version of My Films ? it's necessary to use that version with the new RC1.0.

jocke

Portal Pro
January 27, 2008
Home Country
Norway Norway
could we identify the DB's, as I had 0.2.3 before, removed it, installed RC1 (no SVN's) and this does not work.
Take backup of dB'es first, then delete the whole folder - where 0.2.3 stores it and where RC1 stores it;

In 0.2.3 all dB's is stored within the MP-folder (C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\Media Portal\databases), but in RC1, all user-related files are stored in All User's %APPDATA% (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal). Here you'll find databases, Cache, log, thumbs, etc.

edit: and as zebons says; you have to use the SVN-version of both RC1 and MyFilms in order for it to work.

jocke

Portal Pro
January 27, 2008
Home Country
Norway Norway
Never had any problems with SVN's, so, why not give it a go? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom