New Netflix Plugin (1 Viewer)

icam2

Portal Pro
March 7, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
My main issue is that of MediaPortal crashing now and again when escaping out of a playing video

Yeah I've also noticed this once or twice. Seams like you say to happen when i exit full screen.

Last edited:

Johnathan Barker

Portal Member
September 30, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Ok thank you for the spot guys I will look into it. I had noticed it as well but was random enouph I thought it was just my dev machine.

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for your work on this plugin! I just noticed this thread. I'll install it tonight.

One issue I've noticed with the old plugin and in general is that if I watch Netflix in a browser with MP running, I get tearing in the video. But, if I close MP, open a browser and watch Netflix, there is no tearing.

Does anyone else notice this tearing?

I don't have any issues with video playback otherwise.

I use ATI 6670 with Catalyst 12.something.

I assume it has something to do with MP using the renderer exclusively, or something.

The reason I'm asking this thread is because you may have seen it and tweaked config to fix it... wishful thinking, anyway :)

Last edited:

Johnathan Barker

Portal Member
    September 30, 2012
    Home Country
    Im not sure to be honost. I never experienced it with the old plugin and only with the new one on my dev machine which is a laptop plus I have lots of other things running (google chrome mutiple folders opened and 3 instances of visual studio) and that all slows it down alot and causes the the stuttering and tearing. Something that does seem to help alot on my media computer is to go into the Media Portal Configuration into the advanced settings and set it to start up with a higher cpu priority. Let me know if you experience this with this plugin and I can look into it a bit more(maybe set a flag that stops my plugin from doing any proccessing during video playback)

Johnathan Barker

Portal Member
    September 30, 2012
    Home Country
    Ok have been busy with work and also upgrading my laptop to windows 8. For those of you who don't know Windows 8 will be released to the general market on the 25th. Its a great stable OS and for those of you wondering.. Yes Media Portal runs glitch free on it. That aside I will be spending all day today working on the plugin polishing it and fixing a couple more bugs that I had found. Still hopeing to have Version 1.0 stable and released today.

ukra

Portal Member
    November 4, 2005
    I still get an error message when I try to authorize :-( Tried on a MP server-pc and a MP client-pc and got the same error.

Attachments

• netflix error.png
      netflix error.png
      30.9 KB
    Last edited:

Johnathan Barker

Portal Member
    September 30, 2012
    Home Country
    I still get an error message when I try to authorize :-( Tried on a MP server-pc and a MP client-pc and got the same error.

Sorry Was at work so didn't see this post till now. Im still working with spacemanc on a fix. The file you need is on post 31 of this thread(top of page3). Download the zip file and extract it into the plugin directory(Generally C:\program files\team media portal\plugins\windows\) and then try again. If that doesn't work Private message me and Ill send you instructions for registering the dll file. That shouldn't be needed though as its supposed to search next to the file first.

Johnathan Barker

Portal Member
    September 30, 2012
    Home Country
    Just say a very horrible post on Netflixs forum. It looks like they have abandoned the api altogether and are only leaving it up for legacy support of the millions of Set top boxes and tvs that currently have netflix apps on them. I don't know what this means for Netflix and this plugin. I am trying to dig up more information on this and I will keep everyone posted. From the sounds of it the API will live on for the next few years at least as they phase out the current apps and move everything to a web based format.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom