New Niveus Pocket PC wifi remote (1 Viewer)

RoyN

Portal Pro
March 17, 2006
Hey, I wasnt intending on being agressive (although my post could be interpreted that way....didnt proof read it critically enough)

anyways, I have nothing to do with mpblue, and was merely trying to understand... you gave good reasons.... :)

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    that's right, i didn't feel in any sense offended, neither did i meant to be over_offensive.. so nevermind (-; 8) :lol:

Khris

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2005
    Edmonton, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    My biggest reason for not using MPBlue is that it's only barely functional right now. I want something fully functional and until MPBlue gets to that point, I'm forced to look at other options.

MrSensitive

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2004
    Belgium
    khris,

you can help by telling me what you miss in MPBlue..

I looked at the above solution, and MPBlue can do everything it can plus more.. (media library interface etc..)
    (as far as i can see..)

of course, it does need some polishing..

ok, it can not send keypresses, but it does send actions to MP as defined in the keymap.xml. wich is basically the same, only tighter integrated into MP..

Khris

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2005
    Edmonton, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    At the time I tried it, the only thing that worked for me was the Music interface. I'm not sure if that's all that works right now, however I really didn't feel it warranted spending more time with.

Now please don't take my comments as an insult or that I don't think what you're doing is cool. It just didn't stand out as something really beneficial for my own use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home theatre room with a beamer and has Media Portal installed, from the living room, where there is a TV that is connected to the HTPC. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do this remote control once the...
    I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home...
    I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    I noticed IMDb+ is working, except the popularity is not getting scraped.
    I noticed IMDb+ is working, except the popularity is not getting scraped.
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same feeling about MP1, nothing was working out of the box, it was full of hardcoded dependencies and bugs. That’s how I came to MP2 and I’m very happy with it ;)
    I had the same feeling about MP1, nothing was working out of the box, it was full of hardcoded dependencies and bugs. That’s how I...
    I've had Media Portal 1 installed on a dedicated desktop computer for at least 10 years now. Sometimes it's a little sluggish, but...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But you're right, the channel arrow and PIP button are not reachable by mouse, something insibile is overlapping them and preventing focus. I'll fix that. Anyway, I'll provide a new installer to you soon...
    Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But...
    I have a new tuner card (Hauppauge model 01609: WinTV-quadHD). It has four tuners and also an IR remote control. I can't figure...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom