[New Plugin] MPRemote S - iPhone Remote Control Plugin (1 Viewer)

ElSanto84

Portal Pro
February 15, 2013
Würzburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
@zetus - Sorry you were right. The WOL function has a bug. It is fixed and will be published with the next update. Unfortunately the app store certification takes quite long in the last days. The app is waiting for review by Apple since more than a week now. I will keep you up to date.

zetus

Portal Member
August 1, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
@zetus - Sorry you were right. The WOL function has a bug. It is fixed and will be published with the next update. Unfortunately the app store certification takes quite long in the last days. The app is waiting for review by Apple since more than a week now. I will keep you up to date.
Thank's for your effort. I thought I was gone 'crazy' :) Keep up your good work.

ElSanto84

Portal Pro
February 15, 2013
Würzburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey ross, hey quarter,
Sorry - looks like you found a bug ;) Will fix it this weekend and then upload the new version ASAP.
I will be working on the next Update this weekend aswell.

Zasurus

Portal Pro
November 14, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Great app. Few things I would like adding to the todo list/bug list:
  1. The "i" button doesn't seem to do the same as the "i" button on the media remote. On the media remote (in My TVSeries at least) when you are playing an episode and click the "i" button it opens the info window and then a second click open the context menu that your "i" button opens. I use this a lot so would love to see it work the same. :)
  2. I use my PC while watching TV (TV is a second monitor) so MP doesn't always have focus. With my remote I use IRserver and that has an option to not require focus and always sends the commands to MP no mater what else is in focus. This would be really useful for this app too. :)
Thanks
Zas

zetus

Portal Member
August 1, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Great app. Few things I would like adding to the todo list/bug list:
  1. The "i" button doesn't seem to do the same as the "i" button on the media remote. On the media remote (in My TVSeries at least) when you are playing an episode and click the "i" button it opens the info window and then a second click open the context menu that your "i" button opens. I use this a lot so would love to see it work the same. :)
    Thanks
    Zas

1. Same issue when using the "i" button, eg. video.

ElSanto84

Portal Pro
February 15, 2013
Würzburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey Zasurus,

thanks for the feedback. We tried to cover all buttons on the remote. Basically we the plugin sends keyboard commands to the mediacenter, thats why MP needs to be focused to recieve the actions. The i Button on your MediaRemote is equal to which button on the keyboard? Because there is a context menu button on the MPRemote but maybe we have done a mistake ;)

Zasurus

Portal Pro
November 14, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Basically we the plugin sends keyboard commands to the mediacenter, thats why MP needs to be focused to recieve the actions.

I suspected as much. You could have a look at how IR Server Suite does it as it's doing the same as you but with an extra option to "not require focus" so they must have found a way around that problem. As it's open source (like I think all MediaPortal plugs-in must be?) you can have a look at how they got around it. :)

The i Button on your MediaRemote is equal to which button on the keyboard? Because there is a context menu button on the MPRemote but maybe we have done a mistake ;)

Not sure what button produces the same effect as I have never looked. I will try to remember to test it tonight and see if I can find one when I am home (at work currently).

Regards,

Zas

babyschuh

Portal Member
October 12, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi there,

just bought the App a few days ago and it's quite nice.
Althogh I needed some time to find out how to navigate through the MP-Menu. The "Touchpad"-Field is not self-explaining on an iPhone 4 because you can't read the text at the bottom. I saw it first, when I installed the App on my iPad. I think a Movement-Cross with an OK Button might be better. Beside it's not very exact. Quite often when I wipe up or down the "touchpad" recognizes it as a tap.

And I miss Buttons for a direct access to Music, TV, Series, Movies and so on. This would be awsome.

Is there a possibility to get those things? Maybe you can switch alternative layouts via settings. The touchpad for those who like it and a movement-cross with direct access buttons for the others. :)

kind regards
babyschuh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom