mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    mikael said:
    I have tried this plugin for a while now but have noticed that it is quite useless as it isn't very common that you are near your TV when you have to book an appointment.

Futher: A week ago I tried the new Google Calendar web app and it is awesome! Wherever you have Internet, you have your calendar. This MP plugin could be very useful if it could subscribe to my Google Calendar and view my plannings from home. Anyone agree?

Since this plugin is beta2 - what are you expecting? Please tell us, I'm sure we are all waiting to hear what you have to say.
    <snide mode> I'm sorry you must have paid for this software, did you? </snide mode>
    If you want to give constructive ideas or tell how it is not working for you then I think people don't mind hearing that.

mikael

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I'm sorry if I sounded rude, snide or negative in any way, that was not the purpose of my post. I really appreciate the effort the author of this plugin has spent and purpose of my post was not to castigate.

I tried to be objective:
    I like the idea with an calendar/planner plugin to MP and I have tried this plugin cause I thought it would be a great plugin for my need. After testing I realised that my personal needs didn't match the plugin and I saw a great opportunity to share my idea with Google Calendar synchronisation.

When I look back I cah see why you catched my post snide, sorry for that. I would love to help out any dev with fresh and constructive thinking!

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    mikael said:
    I'm sorry if I sounded rude, snide or negative in any way, that was not the purpose of my post. I really appreciate the effort the author of this plugin has spent and purpose of my post was not to castigate.

I tried to be objective:
    I like the idea with an calendar/planner plugin to MP and I have tried this plugin cause I thought it would be a great plugin for my need. After testing I realised that my personal needs didn't match the plugin and I saw a great opportunity to share my idea with Google Calendar synchronisation.

When I look back I cah see why you catched my post snide, sorry for that. I would love to help out any dev with fresh and constructive thinking!

NP - I too would like to see this plugin be able to syncronize with Google Calendar. It would be great to add evens at work or away from home and then have family (or yourself) see it on the calendar. The next step would be to allow a scrolling "alarm" to show up on any of the screens. (maybe even while watching a movie or TV - in this case may need a check box to be "silent" in those cases, not important enough to interupt). But I don't think (as of yet - I haven't checked except the first week - there isn't/wasn't an API to code for this).

Mike

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    OK - They added them afterwards. I checked just after I got added to the beta and there was no developer info then - not even on the google forum.

Just need a developer willing (or wanting) to go after this project!

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom