New Plugin: "MyPlanner" (3 Viewers)

fathead

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
Just a couple of quick questions

1) Does the reminder automatically pop up, whre ever you are in Mediaportal? For example I won't look at my planner everyday, so it would be useful if an event is coming up that it pops up where ever I am e.g. MyMusic.

Mofux has created a new skin, in which he has added Myweather to always be dispayed:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=12799&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Could you create the reminder function in much the same way?

2) Can reminder be set to remind more than once, and show a count down of days until event? Most useful is birthdays etc. where you have to buy a card or a present. If a reminder pops up everyday, either until the event or until you the user says ignore this reminder.

Nova

Portal Pro
November 8, 2005
Hi,

mzemina
the download should work, please send me a PM, when you still can't download the plugin.

fathead
1) Yes, the reminder should automatically pop up, wherever you are in MP.

2) A reminder pops up when you are in MP and the current time is your set remember-time. If the remember-time is already past and you doesn't had MP open, you will get the reminders at the next start of MP (if the remember-time isn't older than yesterday). It's not possible to set more remember-times for the same date, you can only set the remember-time again...

3) I'm not a very good designer, I could help designers, but no designers want to help me. ;-)

Greetings from Nova

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Nova said:
    Hi,

mzemina
    the download should work, please send me a PM, when you still can't download the plugin.

fathead
    1) Yes, the reminder should automatically pop up, wherever you are in MP.

2) A reminder pops up when you are in MP and the current time is your set remember-time. If the remember-time is already past and you doesn't had MP open, you will get the reminders at the next start of MP (if the remember-time isn't older than yesterday). It's not possible to set more remember-times for the same date, you can only set the remember-time again...

3) I'm not a very good designer, I could help designers, but no designers want to help me. ;-)

Greetings from Nova

Looks like I'll need to try from home.

#3 - I am one of those people that said I would help but then wasn't able to. Next time I'll create then offer. (the reason I want to try out the plugin).

Mike

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    Looking toward the future - since this has a database, I would think it nice to have a web based front-end that could be added to the web based EPG. If James (author of WebEPG) would allow is to be combined and create an add-on to his work then a user could modify and add events in the database and also show a web calendar with upcoming events. That would be so cool to offer as a part of MP!

Mike

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    Something new for myPlanner in the future. Google today announced Google Calendar and it has the ability to import from CSV (Outlook) or iCAL. So far doesn't allow exporting.

Mike

Nova

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2005
    Hi,

I set MyPlanner to the plugin-download-page ^^.

I want to develop new features for MP, soon. So I haven't much time to develop for MyPlanner and I think it's a great version, now.

Everybody could write a syncronisation-tool to sync for example Outlook and MyPlanner. The web-interface could also be realised with the database.
    If someone wants to write something like this, I will help. But I don't want to write new features for MyPlanner alone, I want to write new features and plugins for MP, which will be more used by you. :)

Greatings from yours Nova. :)

Fidoboy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2006
    Spain
    Yeah, it would be great to have miniicons showing what dates has an appoinment on it...

mikael

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I have tried this plugin for a while now but have noticed that it is quite useless as it isn't very common that you are near your TV when you have to book an appointment.

Futher: A week ago I tried the new Google Calendar web app and it is awesome! Wherever you have Internet, you have your calendar. This MP plugin could be very useful if it could subscribe to my Google Calendar and view my plannings from home. Anyone agree?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom