New Plugin - MyVideoRedo - Cut your Recordings frame accurate (3 Viewers)

NoFear23m

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: New Plugin - MyVideoRedo - Cut your Recordings frame accurate

ok i successfully edited a video with this plugin

it requires VideoRedo Plus (NOT TV SUITE)

i first cleared the start cut with the context menu (right-click)
    then ran the AD Detective (from the right-click)

i tried the ad detective in mediaportal and in videoredo and came out with the exact same result!! this is great!

the file created by mediaportal is a .mpg ...also good ! this makes certain the original is not overwritten by mistake

a few onsiderations for the future:

1) if the ad detective works then it works forever! please automate the process and hide it or something.....allow us to use mediaportal to do other things while we wait for the .mpg file to be created....like let us watch tv or do something else as we "know it works"....then let us know its finished with a popup message

2) the film strip is useless... there is no need to show it as we can see the video position by looking at the video itself

3) if the film strip must be shown then move it to the bottom of the screen as it covers the video frame when using blue2wide with 1920x1080

glad to see this functional !!!!!!!

1.) OK, thats a good idea. For a later Version i can add this funktion for the AdDetective-Scan and Saving
    2.) Why this? You need this bar. Where you can see the Videoposition? You see the actual position only in this bar. And the bar let you see the cut´s. (Or i don´t understand you, my english is not good)
    3.) I have not the Blue2wide Skin and i have not a Resolution with 1920x1080. You can post here a Screenshot or you can edit the Screenfile "myvideoredo.xml" to move the bar. If you edit the screenfile please send me that xml and i will give the xml in the next setup.

Greets
    Sascha

NoFear23m, your English is excellent.

Hopefully my comments are useful, I know it is a beta, but the more comments you get the better you can make it!

I have gathered some debug logs for you as requested (for the pause jumping problem). Please see the attached .zip file. I pressed the pause button about 6 times, before I started jumping forwards through the video (at about 16:40:45).

Thanks to SiLenTYL's suggestion, I managed to use the mouse to click "save video". It opened up a menu with my hard drive directory, but I couldn't work out how to finally save the video.

you can make the last "Endcut" and click the button "Save" and the Plugin make automatically the "EndCut" at the End of the video. Try it !!
    - I just found this after I sent my last post - Nice Feature.

it requires VideoRedo Plus (NOT TV SUITE)
    - The link on the 1st post links to both VideoRedo Plus and TVSuite, and also refers to the the H.264 editing which is a TVSuite function only. NoFear23m - can you confirm that both versions of Redo work?

I will try to edit the en.xml tonight and email it to you.

Rob

Yes, your comments are excellent. I will make a stable Version as soon as possible and i get super input by you.
    Many thanks for sending as edited language-XML.
    Yes, the plugin is tested for VideoRedo Plus but if run this Api right is will test it and make a good Api for TVsuite.
    But i must get it in 15 Days. :) :)

Many thanks to this community for testing and the wonderful help.

Greets
    Sascha

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    the film strip is useless... there is no need to show it as we can see the video position by looking at the video itself

2.) Why this? You need this bar. Where you can see the Videoposition? You see the actual position only in this bar. And the bar let you see the cut´s. (Or i don´t understand you, my english is not good)

I think what SiLenTYL is saying is that the thumbnails view is not useful.

I can see what SiLenTYL means (that the thumbnails don't actually do anything at the moment), however with some development the thumbnails could be used in the same way as the cut-view in VideoRedo (but you would want to have more than 5 thumbnails, say maybe 15). The user could highlight and click on the required thumbnail, which would then make that frame become the "current" frame.

This for me is a very useful tool in VideoRedo for making the editing frame perfect.

NoFear23m

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: New Plugin - MyVideoRedo - Cut your Recordings frame accurate

Yes, for this feature i have make this bar.
    If the Video is paused you can seek with 1 and 3 one frame rewind or forward.
    With 4 or 6 you can seek 5 frames. And with 7 and 9 i mean 10 frames.
    The red marker in the middle of the bar let Show you the actual position.

Yes 15 thumbnails are better, i know VideoRedo have more thumbnails but if you like to use the Plugin from the Couch then 5 thumbnails are more then enought, becouse if you use 15 thumbnails then the thumbs are too small.

What you you mean? The Thumbnailbar do Not anything?????
    Why this?

There you Must See thumbnails from the actual Position of the video if you paused the video.
    If do the Thumbnailbar nothing then send me please a log with loglevel DEBUG !!!

Thanks

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    I have not found too many problems with the en.xml file. I think "Pfadeinstellungen" should be "Path Settings" and some of the strings probably need some spaces between some of the words. The main problem is, when I view the configuration, many of the english strings are not used and most of them are still in german (this looks to be a problem with the configuration utility not calling the correct language xml. This means it is quite difficult to suggest alternatives becuase I am not sure how it looks on the screen when working correctly.

As I said before, the only thing I can think of, is that the string "Save video" should be split into 2 strings.

1) "Edit Video" for one the screen where you select the video you are about to edit it.
    2) "Save Video" for when you have made all the cuts and want to generate the final file.

I hope this helps.

Can we comprimise in the number of thumbnails and make it configurable by the user??? Clealy this is for version 2, rahter than a beta version :)

the plugin is tested for VideoRedo Plus but if run this Api right is will test it and make a good Api for TVsuite.
    But i must get it in 15 Days.
    - does this mean that it might work using VideoRedo TVSuite (but you have not tested it), or that it definitely will not work with TVSuite at the moment?

Keep up the good work, and let me know if I can help with any other testing.

Robbo100

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ok i got this plugin working earlier..but now im have a focus problem and the cut times no longer show thumbnails

if i do a manual cut i see thumbnails but if i do an ad detective i get no thumbnails

if theres no thumbnails... the plugin errors and kicks me out

i cant remember how to get focus

NoFear23m

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: New Plugin - MyVideoRedo - Cut your Recordings frame accurate

ok i got this plugin working earlier..but now im have a focus problem and the cut times no longer show thumbnails

if i do a manual cut i see thumbnails but if i do an ad detective i get no thumbnails

if theres no thumbnails... the plugin errors and kicks me out

i cant remember how to get focus

Hy, this is normal. To make the AdDetective faster i do not make Thumbnails. If the plugin kick you out please(!) post here a log with the loglevel debug.

Thanks to all for testing.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    so.. i was using an old vrsion 2.5.5.512 ...manual edit works fine but i cannot get the ad detective method to work... i do see the cuts and they are corrct..but when i click "save file" it starts to reencode / join but immediately crashes and creates a 1kb file in the store directory ...also it kicks me out of the plugin....as ive described eariler and posted logs above

manual cuts work perfectly !!

when is completed the manual method it kicks me out of the plugin and this shows in error.log :
    2010-12-06 00:55:12.804884 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: [MyVideoReDo] :: Fehler in SetPlayerLabels:confused:ystem.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
    at MyVideoRedo.PlayerHelper.SetPlayerLabels(VideoReDo Redo)

also the mediaportal.log is linked below

----------

so then i tried to update to the newst Plus release build 3.0.3 and i had so many problems....
    the program ifself is bugged... manual cuts and ad detective cuts did not work in either MP or Videoredo application itself
    also i get a popup message asking me to keep buying it.... and lastly it only edits files up to 15 mins in length..so fairly useless unless i buy the new version

i can look at tv suite support if you write up code for that

NoFear23m

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: New Plugin - MyVideoRedo - Cut your Recordings frame accurate

Hy SilentYL

I have read your post and your comments, but i work hard to fix the bugs and implement the point from the ToDo List.
    But i have a good message for you. I have worked on the API and maked the plugin kompatible to the TVsuite 4 today.

Sorry, i cant reply the last 2 days because i was not at home. Today i had time to edit my code and make the API kompatible to TVsuite and test it with a Trail. Please test it.

Many thanke to all tester and to you Silentyl, great work and it help me soo much.

In 5 minutes i upload a new beta and edit the first post with the Changelog. Let`s go testing.

Greets
    Sascha

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    It works with TVSuite!

Excellent work.

Clearly it still needs some "tuning" but it is showing great potential.

I havent had much time to test it so far, but I was able to select a video, edit it, and save it. :D

Other observations:

1) I had a system crash when I was navigating to the target directory (I think it was when I reached the root of C: and tried to go up another level, it didn't like it. I store my TV Series on a different disc volume to Moving Pictures files (as I am sure other people so), so this causes a problem.

2) The filename did not seem to create the file name correctly (seemed to keep a lot of the string names in the filename - I will get more details later on this later).

3) I am still having problems with the "jumping whilst paused", "flashing and incorrectly positioned timeline and thumbnails", "empty recording directories", "Navigating to the Save Video button (could you use a keypad shortcut for this?)". I wont go into any detail on these, because I know you are working on them, but just incase you thought they were fixed...

I notice that you have incorporated a number of fixes from the list I provided above and the user interface is becoming much more intuitive (like clicking on the filename automatically jumps the cursor to "Cut Now". :D

How are you planning to deal with saving HD video. If I remember correctly VRD TVSuite will only save an H.264 file as a .ts after processing. Will the system automatically choose .mpg for Standard Definition TV and .ts for HD TV?

Also, have you thought of adding an option to delete the recorded video after the edit is complete? This might be a nice feature.

Now that the configuration language problem is fixed, I will have another look at the en.xml if I get a chance one night this week.

Nice one

Robbo100

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom