New Plugin - MyVideoRedo - Cut your Recordings frame accurate (2 Viewers)

NoFear23m

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: New Plugin - MyVideoRedo - Cut your Recordings frame accurate

1) I had a system crash when I was navigating to the target directory (I think it was when I reached the root of C: and tried to go up another level, it didn't like it. I store my TV Series on a different disc volume to Moving Pictures files (as I am sure other people so), so this causes a problem.

But you can set the path in the Config. Set the path to the same folder like MovingPictures!! If you have more paths (two or more discs) you can create a folder, in this folder you can make many links to other folders.
    It crashed because you dont have permision?? I will fix it.
    2) The filename did not seem to create the file name correctly (seemed to keep a lot of the string names in the filename - I will get more details later on this later).
    In the configuration you can set the filename. Thats work or not??
    3) I am still having problems with the "jumping whilst paused", "flashing and incorrectly positioned timeline and thumbnails", "empty recording directories", "Navigating to the Save Video button (could you use a keypad shortcut for this?)". I wont go into any detail on these, because I know you are working on them, but just incase you thought they were fixed...
    I have test it on 3 Systems, please in this spezial bug can you make a small video. With you smartphone or a screenrecorder. I must see this because my english is bad and i dont understand all word of a post.

How are you planning to deal with saving HD video. If I remember correctly VRD TVSuite will only save an H.264 file as a .ts after processing. Will the system automatically choose .mpg for Standard Definition TV and .ts for HD TV?
    The TVsuite is working with Profiles. You can look into TVsuite and can edit the Profilen. In a later Version (next version) i will handle this Profiles in the plugin. Then you can set in the Plugin the Profile inklude the extension you like. Example: You can set in the plugin you like save the Video as mp4 ore as VOB and you can set the Quality and much more.

But its a hard work to handle this with different Versions of VideoRedo
    Also, have you thought of adding an option to delete the recorded video after the edit is complete? This might be a nice feature.
    Its i good idea. Now its on the ToDo ;-)
    Now that the configuration language problem is fixed, I will have another look at the en.xml if I get a chance one night this week.
    Fine, is the languageproblem with TheTVdb.com also fixed?

Thanks for you testing.
    Sascha

FlatEric

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2010
    Sauerland
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: New Plugin - MyVideoRedo - Cut your Recordings frame accurate

Hello,

this is a very useful plugin, as the integrated editor is really not so good.
    But i have 2 strange problems:

When MediaPortal runs in fullscreen-mode (1920x1080), the editor-timeline and the picture-line are not displayed. They only flash up sometimes for a moment on a position, where they partially cover the video-preview. When i change to a windowed-mode, the timelines are permanently displayed, but depending on the window-size they run out of the window. I think they have a fixed position, optimized for a specific resolution. I use a Atom330 cpu with the bundled Nvidia-graphics. Maybe this is the reason that up to now nobody else has mentioned this behavior.

The second problem is that i can not reach the buttons to save or cut the video. That goes for fullscreen and windowed display.

I hope someone can help me to solve this problems.

I added a logfile from a previous crash. At this time the plugin war not yet installed. Maybe it is helpful for finding the cause of this behavior.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    When MediaPortal runs in fullscreen-mode (1920x1080), the editor-timeline and the picture-line are not displayed. They only flash up sometimes for a moment on a position, where they partially cover the video-preview. When i change to a windowed-mode, the timelines are permanently displayed, but depending on the window-size they run out of the window. I think they have a fixed position, optimized for a specific resolution. I use a Atom330 cpu with the bundled Nvidia-graphics. Maybe this is the reason that up to now nobody else has mentioned this behavior.

This problem is already reported and I am going to supply NoFear23M with some video of the problem tonight.

The second problem is that i can not reach the buttons to save or cut the video. That goes for fullscreen and windowed display.

Again, this is already reported. At the moment, you need to use your mouse to get to that button.

FlatEric

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2010
    Sauerland
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

:oops:

I only read the complete german thread and then for some reason placed my question in the english thread where this is already mentioned... :oops:

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    NoFear23M,

Attached is a video file which shows the following problems:

1) The green/red timeline is incorrectly positioned and look to be fighting the video for focus all the time.

2) The thumbnails hardly ever show (this show even less than the timeline does and does not even show once in the attached video).

3) The inability to jump forwards and backwards using the keypad whilst the video is paused. (The video starts paused and you can see me attempting to press 9 again and again, but the video frame does not change. I un-pause the video and press 9, and you can see it jumping correctly. I then repeat the test using key 7 (to jump backwards) with the same results.)

If I press stop, then the timeline and thumbnails both display (but they are still across where the video window previously was (not shown on the attached video file)). I am running 1080p display using Blue3Wide for the demonstration.

Let me know if you need more video, log files, or information.

Robbo100

Attachments

• VRD_Problem.m4v.zip
      2.8 MB

NoFear23m

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

NoFear23M,

Attached is a video file which shows the following problems:

1) The green/red timeline is incorrectly positioned and look to be fighting the video for focus all the time.

2) The thumbnails hardly ever show (this show even less than the timeline does and does not even show once in the attached video).

3) The inability to jump forwards and backwards using the keypad whilst the video is paused. (The video starts paused and you can see me attempting to press 9 again and again, but the video frame does not change. I un-pause the video and press 9, and you can see it jumping correctly. I then repeat the test using key 7 (to jump backwards) with the same results.)

If I press stop, then the timeline and thumbnails both display (but they are still across where the video window previously was (not shown on the attached video file)). I am running 1080p display using Blue3Wide for the demonstration.

Let me know if you need more video, log files, or information.

Robbo100

Many thanks for the Video. I can`t test it with 1080p. The problem for me is to set the position correct for all resolutions because i must rendering WinForms Controls and not MPcontrols. Please help me and edit the myvideoredo.xml Screenfile in the Blue3Wide Skinfolder. On the top in this file you can see the Properties for the Cutbar and the Thumbnailbar.
    Edit the Properties and test it. If the plugin work them correct please send me the edited XML. Sorry for this but i can`t edit it, i have only 720p. ;-(

BUT the second bug (navigate to the buttons with the keyboard) i have fixed on 0.6.5.0 :confused:
    On my maschine i can use the mouse, keyboard and my remote. Are you sure?

Greets
    Sascha

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    This is the positioning that works for the screen.

Code:
    <!--Start Filmstripbar-Properties
        Left=960;Top=600;Height=128;Width=630;LineMarkerForeground=False;LinemarkerColor=Red;LineMarkerThickness=10;
        DarkBackColor=Green;LightFillColor=Gray;DarkFillColor=Black;LightBackColor=Green
        End Filmstripbar-Properties-->
        <!--Start Cutbar-Properties
        Left=960;Top=520;Height=60;Width=630;LineMarkerForeground=True;LinemarkerColor=Red;LineMarkerThickness=3;
        DarkBackColor=DarkGreen;LightFillColor=Red;DarkFillColor=DarkRed;LightBackColor=Green
        End Cutbar-Properties-->

However, the flashing problem has not stopped. :(

BUT the second bug (navigate to the buttons with the keyboard) i have fixed on 0.6.5.0
    On my maschine i can use the mouse, keyboard and my remote. Are you sure?

I am sure. The keyboard works when not paused, and does not work when paused. I am using 0.6.5.0 which I downloaded last night. :confused:

Robbo100

I have just found another minor issue.

If you have a video (or TV) playing in normal MediaPortal. If you start the VideoRedo plugin, the plugin will allow you to select a video to edit, but when you select "Edit Video" the system freezes. If you kill the MediaPortal process, there is a VideoRedo message saying that it could not play the video and instructing the user to check the VRD log file.

I think you need to send a stop command for any video/audio when the editing command is selected.

I hope you don't think I am trying to find faults in your excellent plugin. My job (in the real world) is to test things, so I naturally seem to to stress test systems without meaning to :oops:)

Robbo100

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    updated the logs - not in debug before

ok using the tv suite 4.2 and this plugin

after using ad detective it begins to create the file but immediately stops and goes back to the first file list screen - not working here (didnt for the Plus version for me either)

heres the logs for the ad detective without removing the "start cut"

by the way...ive noticed the ad detective works differently if there is a start cut already there - when start cut is not there it detects properly

----

i did a manual cut also - i have a 3-4 hour video recording and cut out all but the last 30 minutes - the cuts meen to be not in the right places at all...in the area but off by minutes!

no error.log just a mediaportal.log

---

it would be great if we could see the current time of playback if possible

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    just took a photo with my phone to show you what 1080p blue3wide looks with your plugin

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
      photo1.jpg
      82.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom