New Plugin - MyVideoRedo - Cut your Recordings frame accurate (6 Viewers)

NoFear23m

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: New Plugin - MyVideoRedo - Cut your Recordings frame accurate

Hello @ all

First post is edited. New Version (0.6.6.1 Beta) is Online. Changelog see first post.

Happy testing ;-)

Sascha

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    no luck here with the ad detective scan ..it must be something to d with my pc

cant figure out what tho ..lol

the manual cuts work perfect once again and thanks for the updates Nofear23m !

bhengeveld

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    "Das Plugin ist der Knaller!"

(from the german thread) Ohw, you just gotta love that German language! :D Brings me back to highschool: aus, bei mit, nach, seit, von, zu. Durch, fur, ohne, um, bis, gegen, wieder, entlang. Although I have no idea anymore which 'Nahmfalle' goes with those words, or what the consequences of it would be (die, der, dem blabla?) I can still dream them :)

But I disgress: I will look into the plugin. :D (since Maya is now supported)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    NoFear23M and FlatEric.

Sorry for not being around to help in the last week, but I have been too busy (and so have you by the improvements to the plugin!).

I have tried the latest version of the plugin (thanks for your hard work) and I thought I would give some feedback on some testing (and bugs that I had previously reported).

Positive (on top all the improvements you have made):

P1) The flashing timeline and thumbnails are fixed by de-selecting exclusive vmr9-mode.
    P2) The frame jumping seems to work when paused (now that I can see the thumbnails it makes sense to me now),
    P3) The bug I reported with the file naming not working (post 30 from this thread) - I have confirmed this was my error and I had typed the string incorrectly.
    P4) You can get to "Save Video" easily in the cut screen now!

New observations/bugs

B1) When selecting a file, if you enter a sub-folder then try to exit that sub-folder using the MP "back" key (escape), the plugin exits, when it should probably just go up a level in the directory structure.
    B2) When selecting a file, I enter a sub-folder and it shows nothing in the folder. If I press the "down" key the sub-folders within this directory suddenly appear. I think this seems to only happen if you have more than one level of sub-folders in the recording directory.
    B3) When selecting a file, if you enter a sub-folder which has a mixture of sub-folders and video files, then the videos are shown, but the sub-folders are hidden above the top of the screen so you have to press the "up" key repeatedly to get to the ".." option.
    B4) If I press number 1 (to jump backwards in the video), then the system brings up a menu screen (I do not know if it jumps correctly or not).
    B5) The menu screen (which shows when button 1 is pressed) is shown underneath the timeline and thumbnails, so you can't read it.
    B6) When saving the edited file, if I keep going up a level to the root of the disc drive the system does not crash anymore, but the plugin automatically saves the file in the root directory, even if I did not command it. (I save my TV Series on G: and Films on H:. It should be possible to save to any drive letter on the computer (or network mapped drive).

Suggestions for improvements

I1) Could a keyboard plugin be used to manually create the filename if the database search does not find any results?

Questions

Q1) If the skin files can be used at different resolutions (720 or 1080), how will you make the timeline and thumbnails correctly placed for both these resolutions (currently we have to manually change the position of the images in the skin file).

Thanks for your excellent work

Robbo100

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    NoFear23M and FlatEric,

Attached is a new English language xml file for the myVideoRedo plugin (which I promised a long time ago). It should have a few improvements to some of the translations. Some of the new text is a little bit long for the configuration GUI and runs over the top of the data entry boxes, but hopefully this is easy to fix.

Please use it as you need to, I won't be offended if you don't want to use some of the words.

Thanks

Robbo100

Attachments

• en-GB.xml
      4.8 KB

FlatEric

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2010
    Sauerland
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

B1) When selecting a file, if you enter a sub-folder then try to exit that sub-folder using the MP "back" key (escape), the plugin exits, when it should probably just go up a level in the directory structure.
    This can be added. For this, the label "..." must be deleted.
    I think this is a good idea because other file-selections in MediaPortal also go one directory-step up with the back-button.

B2) When selecting a file, I enter a sub-folder and it shows nothing in the folder. If I press the "down" key the sub-folders within this directory suddenly appear. I think this seems to only happen if you have more than one level of sub-folders in the recording directory.
    This can not be reproduced up to now. @robbo100: please place a logfile.

B3) When selecting a file, if you enter a sub-folder which has a mixture of sub-folders and video files, then the videos are shown, but the sub-folders are hidden above the top of the screen so you have to press the "up" key repeatedly to get to the ".." option.
    This is the intended behavior. A configuration for this will be added.

B4) If I press number 1 (to jump backwards in the video), then the system brings up a menu screen (I do not know if it jumps correctly or not).
    B5) The menu screen (which shows when button 1 is pressed) is shown underneath the timeline and thumbnails, so you can't read it.
    This will be fixed in the next version.

B6) When saving the edited file, if I keep going up a level to the root of the disc drive the system does not crash anymore, but the plugin automatically saves the file in the root directory, even if I did not command it. (I save my TV Series on G: and Films on H:. It should be possible to save to any drive letter on the computer (or network mapped drive).
    An overhaul of this dialog is part of the ToDos.

I1) Could a keyboard plugin be used to manually create the filename if the database search does not find any results?
    It is intended to add such a renamefunction to the contextmenu.

Q1) If the skin files can be used at different resolutions (720 or 1080), how will you make the timeline and thumbnails correctly placed for both these resolutions (currently we have to manually change the position of the images in the skin file).
    Up to now we will have to deal with separate screenfiles. Maybe it will be possible to place the timeline on a relative position to the video-preview.

@robbo100: thanks for your testing-work and this new ideas.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Looking at the German thread, it looks like NoFear is going to put out a new beta soon.

Robbo100

FlatEric

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2010
    Sauerland
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Just in time for christmas, NoFear23m is setting up a new plugin-version with this changes:
    - the thumbnail-preview in the timeline will be more accurate
    - the screenfiles are overhauled and have their own graphics
    - the timeline-position on the screen now depends on the position of the video-preview (to avoid resolution-depending mispositioning)
    - profiles of TVsuite4 will be supported. The config will hold a standardprofile, in the cutscreen the active profile can be changed and its parameters can be displayed via contextmenu.
    - the target-filename can be changed via contextmenu
    - the file can be saved on all drives and folders with the necessary rights

The mentioned idea to step up in the folder-structure with the back-button is not realized as this will be a misleading function for users of a harmony-remote.

If you have any further suggestions please place them here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom