New Release: 11/12/08 - v0.2.219 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    If you can keep the mouse really still, and just use the scrollwheel you might get lucky ;)

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    yeah and with that mouse attached, if you sneeze to loudly the menu looses focus :p

AlienAgenda

Portal Member
    December 7, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    anyone have any idea why this is happening?
    (streamedmp-0.2.219, RC4, vista)
    shot.jpg

anyone?

well at least you can see something.
    all i have is a blank screen or sometimes black square where the art work should be, but mostly nothing,
    i can navigate around blindly and pick shows...

no one seems to know what this happens, but i aint the only one so thats good i guess.

Farlon

Portal Member
    May 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I had the same problem on a 1920x1080 screen resolution. I use the fanart version.

Because the skin is intended to be used for 1280x720, I edited the TVSeries.xml myself and decreased "posY" values for "Filmstrip view" to move the filmstrip up.
    I also had some problems with overlapping of the filmstrip and the series title and summary. I changed the related "visible" properties and got better results.

So, there are some issues with the not officially supported resolution. But I am not sure to report this as bug. How is the policy?

Yabba

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I also run at 1920x1080 and I see exactly the same as in that picture. So what? I think that's what you normally get in that view... isn't it?

Farlon

Portal Member
    May 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi again,

After my first installation the TV Series screen had overlapping of the filmstrip and title/summary if entered the first time. Afterwards the title and summary vanished.
    I figured that this has probably been tested, so it has something to do with my installation.
    After a lot of trial and error I came to a solution, which works for me just fine, filmstrip + title and summary in the same screen. I always thought that it was supposed to be this way, because everything was already available in the xml, I only had to do some minor changes.

Big thanks to the developers for their fantastic work and effort. Keep up the good work. The waf is just great :D

Attachments

• Before.jpg
      Before.jpg
      146.9 KB
    • After.jpg
      After.jpg
      171.8 KB

Yabba

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Well, when I saw the changes in this last release I understood it was meant to leave place for fanart. If you are using fanart in series view it makes sense to put the filmstrip down so fanart looks much better. But I personally don't like fanart in series view that much so I'd prefer using your edited xml. Would you share it with us?

ftothe3

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    its confusing but what i was talking about was the lack of series summary in the series filmstrip. the authors meant to do this to enlarge the area visible for fanart. actually, now i like the way it is.

Farlon

Portal Member
    May 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, when I saw the changes in this last release I understood it was meant to leave place for fanart. If you are using fanart in series view it makes sense to put the filmstrip down so fanart looks much better. But I personally don't like fanart in series view that much so I'd prefer using your edited xml. Would you share it with us?

Sure, but please keep in mind that I changed the xml only for my personal use to pass the time till the next release. I am not a developer, all changes are based on trial and error. ;)

I don't support all view (Text <-> Graphical) combinations possible with the tv series plugin. I also changed the season and episode views to get a better understanding.
    I created new formatting rules "<Series.InfoPanelLine9Key>", "<Series.InfoPanelLine9Value>" and "<Series.InfoPanelLine10Key>", "<Series.InfoPanelLine10Value>" to show some series information.
    Once you figure out how things work, it's sometimes hard to stop :oops: so the GUI is maybe too crowded now.

You'll figure it out, whether it's useful for you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom