New SKIN called myControl PSD format comment! (1 Viewer)

mofux

Portal Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2006
    Dresden, Germany
    WPF however does make it considerably easier to create new control types that make such interfaces feasible, and creating those controls is no longer solely the domain of the programmer so graphics guys and gals can let their imagination run free almost to the same extent as they can within their graphics apps.

Smirnuff is right - but i hope maybe soon we can take advantage of WPF (Windows Presentation Framework) inside of mediaportal - but till then we have to use what smirnuff and co gave to us :) And hey - it's not all that worse as it seems in the beginning! i really like the mp gui as it is - ok, it has some bugs here and there but mp is one of the best looking htpc apps i've ever seen!

go - try to realize your thoughts with the materials given! it's very satisfying to create something we have never thought about with (just?) using the mp gui capabilities! :)

if you are like your avatar, we forgive you
    forgive - what? see how this thread grows - oh a women in here - amazing stuff :)

hobbes487

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This is a very cool looking design. i hope this actually makes it's way to an actual skin. I would definately use it.

Vanessa

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2006
    MP works great for me. The animations are simple and clear, just like me. I try mp 2 weeks and i love it!.

WPF it's easy to make great graphical apps, but i know that its possible use XAML in .NET without use Windows Presentation Framework. (myXAML for example works with VS.NET 2003, very fast and easy)

Only i wish see a desig like this screenshots running on MP 2RC4 version. With or without animations it's not important.

** MP-360 skin inspired me to enter mp community ***

I love MP!

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oeh...talented ánd pretty! :p
    I think your wish for furthergoing animations might inspire some developers heren. Too bad the quality of the SWF is a bit crappy. But I got the idea, and like it!
    The limited possebilities in skin animations is the only thing that is of less quality comparing to the concuring HTPC software solutions. Not that I realy mis it, in the end it's about the funtionality not (only) the looks. Eventough some eyecandy makes it more plesurable to work with if not overdone.

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2004
    United Kingdom
    myXAML for example works with VS.NET 2003, very fast and easy

myXAML is very cool too and I'm a big fan of Mr Clifton's ideas and articles, would love to take a month of work and have a sit down with the guy and just learn.

MP already has a pretty capable XAML parser but as XAML is just the parsing technology it requires another framework to provide the UI richness, namely WPF.

If anyone is *serious* about extending the WPF classes in MP then I'll be happy to point them in the right direction, however I have no desire to code past my working hours thru the summer. Fantastic animation capabilities really are not that far away from being usable, vector support can be provided by other open source projects (Cairo for instance), improved font support from FreeType and optimal rendering via scenegraphs can borrow code from several projects.

The other big one would be changing from an absolute to relative coordinate system. Not at all a fun task but of huge benefit when you see what boundaries tumble when complete.

Vanessa

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2006
    Other theme now with horizontal bar

untitle1lz.png

untitle30pu.png

mofux

Portal Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2006
    Dresden, Germany
    this looks cool!

it's also a little bit more possible to do that with mp...

BUT... you cannot scroll that list left/right with mp :(

i may have a look at this and create a plugin that can..., but i'm running a little bit out of time atm...

Vanessa

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2006
    mofux said:
    this looks cool!

it's also a little bit more possible to do that with mp...

BUT... you cannot scroll that list left/right with mp :(

i may have a look at this and create a plugin that can..., but i'm running a little bit out of time atm...

Thank's now i try convert the skin into working skin, without animation but i'm learning

mofux

Portal Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2006
    Dresden, Germany
    there is one thing i like most on this skin - it's the detail...

i don't know if anyone else has realized it yet, but the japanese(?) girl is holding a pda in her hand with mediaportal on it :)

very cool :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom