New Tool: episodescanner - adds series and episodenumbers to your MP or 4TR EPG (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hey wow disaster, i noticed this little app in your sig. very cool idea.

ejkeebler

Portal Member
    January 24, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This tool sounds exactly like what I need, and was super simple to setup, but I must be doing something wrong. Before switching to MediaPortal, I had all my tv shows setup like so:

D:\tv\Dexter\Season 2\Dexter.s2e4.avi and TV Series picked those all up fine. When I setup 4 the record to record I put in %TITLE%\Season %SERIESNUMBER%\TITLE.s%SERIESNUMBER%e%EPISODENUMBER%.avi and I get (for example) Dexter\Season #\Dexter.s#e#.avi, the tool basically says if it doesn't find these it will put "#".

so this tool fixes this problem right? How can I verify it is working, without waiting for it to record the next weeks episode? When I run the tool it just runs and says:

[Fri Jul 30 09:15:56 2010] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Fri Jul 30 09:15:56 2010] got Win32 Codepage: cp1252
    [Fri Jul 30 09:15:56 2010] got resolved alias: cp1252
    [Fri Jul 30 09:15:56 2010] using MySQL
    [Fri Jul 30 09:15:57 2010] END seriessearch

[Fri Jul 30 09:15:57 2010] Last Backup is 99999999999999 hours old (99999999999999 > 2)
    [Fri Jul 30 09:15:57 2010] Create new Backup O:\DB\backup\2010-07-30-09

[Fri Jul 30 09:15:57 2010] END

I'm guessing it doesn't recognize the series I setup or something? Which in this case is actually Super Why! or So You Think You Can Dance. ( I am afraid to setup anymore before I figure out if I am setting up the recording in 4TR wrong) Should I be seeing the season/episode info showing up after the show is recorded? Or where?

:oops:

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: New Tool: episodescanner - adds series and episodenumbers to your MP or 4TR EPG

please post your config.

ejkeebler

Portal Member
    January 24, 2008
    Home Country
    I really have to believe I am not understanding a switch or just how 4TR / MP need to be configured, because the setup truly is as easy as it gets....

Attachments

• config.txt
      4.1 KB

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: New Tool: episodescanner - adds series and episodenumbers to your MP or 4TR EPG

you've set:
    # 4tr (4therecord)

$use4tr = 0; # on/off

But as far as i've read you're using 4tr... ?

ejkeebler

Portal Member
    January 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Re: AW: New Tool: episodescanner - adds series and episodenumbers to your MP or 4TR E

lol, well that would be my first problem! i will set that back and try again! btw, anyplace I can see the correction? will it be in the log or do I need to runa query against the fortherecord database to see? when I look at upcoming recordings in 4tr, it doesnt really tell me all that?

ejkeebler

Portal Member
    January 24, 2008
    Home Country
    definately an improvement! Thanks so much, it still isn't finding Super Why, although I find it when I go there, but I can't really tell if it did anything with so you think you can dance?

ejkeebler

Portal Member
    January 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Looks like some of my shows are working fine, so thanks for the help. Hopefully I can figure out why shows like the office don't seem to be finding matches. i am not too worried while it's the offseason :D

dau00

Portal Member
    January 5, 2008
    Hemslingen ( NDS )
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello,

I just tested epsiodescanner and it doesn't work in my case.

I had run the debug.bat and added the log and my config to this post.

Thank you for this nice tool and the support.

Attachments

• config.txt
      4.1 KB

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I'm sorry but this happens cause you've two titles one in german and one in () in english. This can't work. Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom