New Tool: episodescanner - adds series and episodenumbers to your MP or 4TR EPG (1 Viewer)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: New Tool: episodescanner - adds series and episodenumbers to your MP or 4TR EPG

Keneo
    it get's the title from the scheduled recordings table of 4TR in your case not from the guide. But THEN it must match the same string in the GUIDE.

Keneo

Portal Pro
    August 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have done some more experimenting and it seems that "Modern Family" did not have a problem with the series name afterall. Actually, it was the episode name that was the problem.

By manualy modifying the SubTitle field of the GuideProgram table I was able to find matches...

Three episodes of "Modern Family" were not found.
    "Halloween"
    "Family Portrait"
    "Chirp"

To find a match for these episode titles I had to manually prefix "A " or "a ".
    "a Halloween"
    "a Family Portrait"
    "A Chirp"

But thetvdb.com lists the episode titles without a leading "A " or "a " so the prefix should not have been necessary.

The only ideas I have are...
    Does episodescanner search for matches in other english databases as well?
    Does episodescanner try to add "a " to the target string?

More Strangeness:

For two episodes the "a " prefix was case sensitive...

Halloween would only match if the prefix was lower case "a "
    Chirp only matched an upper case "A "
    Family Portrait matched with upper and lower case

I know you are busy, so I am hoping this makes it easier to find/fix this problem.

thanks for making this great tool, it really ought to be integrated into the TV server.

-Ken

slarve

Portal Member
    July 30, 2007
    Hi
    Can't get your episodescanner to change anything in my EPG

Maybe it's a problem with my EPG?

Attached the config and debug log.

EDIT:
    Now I see that I might not need this plugin as I already have episode and season listing in my EPG, at least on some channels... like: (12s7)

But how do I use it?
    If I make custom filename:
    %title% - (%name%) S%series%E%episode% - %date% - %start%
    I get: Smallville - () SE12 - 20-11-2010 - 14_30.ts

Attachments

• config.txt
      4.1 KB

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: New Tool: episodescanner - adds series and episodenumbers to your MP or 4TR EPG

Hey,
    I tried your tool again,and everything worked,scanner scanned the epg listings and changed the name of the episodes to be recorded, but when the recording started the epg entry was back to name it was before scanning. Thus were the recordings.
    After scanning however, the epg entries were renamed correctly.

I thought this might be caused by my tvmovie clickfinder epg, but it is only updated once a day, and even if i start the scanner 5min prior the recording, it somehow gets renamed again....

hints?

cheers
    joystick

richy759

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Disaster,
    I have been looking at chaning over to tvguide.co.uk for my listings as they have sub-titles included (radiotimes is pretty rubbish). These are in the format of "Season 5 Episode 10 of 12" which looks usefuly but I see your episode scanner works on the episode name, is there a possibility you could make it work with the format I have mentioned?
    Here's a snippet...
    Code:
    <programme start="20101122230500 +0000" stop="20101123001000 +0000" channel="E4">
        <title lang="en">Misfits</title>
        <sub-title lang="en">Season 2 Episode 2 of 7</sub-title>
        <desc lang="en"> Nathan is shocked when long-lost brother Jamie arrives at the community centre, and it becomes clear that neither of them is particularly close to their father. When the gang members head off to a club, they take drugs that reverse their superpowers, leading to confusion as Curtis realises he can fast-forward time. Meanwhile, the mysterious masked man makes another appearance. Comedy drama, starring Robert Sheehan and Sam Keeley (n)</desc>
        <credits>
          <director>Tom Green</director>
          <actor>Robert Sheehan</actor>
          <actor>Lauren Socha</actor>
          <actor>Nathan Stewart-Jarrett</actor>
          <actor>Antonia Thomas</actor>
        </credits>
        <category lang="en">Comedy</category>
        <star-rating>
          <value>9.1/10</value>
        </star-rating>
      </programme>

Thanks,
    Rich

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    @ Richy,

Instead of using the webepg have you tried DJBlu's & Miroslavs SKY epg add on. I gave up on web epg's as I had too many gaps, however this plug in works really well. (See here for details) You do need a sat card for the epg data. It gets all the Sky channels as well as the series link facility.

I just need to get episodescanner working now to rename my files.

HTH,

M.

richy759

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    porky
    Tried that over the weekend but it doesn't give me any episode info that the episodescanner finds at all. I am quiet happy with my guide data from Radiotimes or tvguide.co.uk i'd just like tvseries to pick it up.
    Rich

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Very interesting tool you have here, I am currently testing it on my server (import running). :)

One thing I'd like to recommend is to insert a "pause" as last line into your "run_once.bat" so that you can actually see the error it throws.
    In my case, a typo in config.txt (2 dots were one too much) ;)

One question I have is why you choose to make that a stand alone tool, which then requires that I have an user constantly logged in on the server, rather than making this a TvServer plugin?

Definitly a tool a lot of users have been waiting for because most web/dvb-epg info does not provide that info. :)

mts

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi,

I have the same problem as some other poeple in this thread before.
    It detects my series but doesn't change anything in my database. All episode entries are empty.
    Is this an open source tool? In this case I would like to debug it and see where the problem is.

CU
    mts

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Have you checked the EPG? It just changes the EPG so that if a recording follows tvserver can correctly name the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom