New Tool: episodescanner - adds series and episodenumbers to your MP or 4TR EPG (1 Viewer)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: New Tool: episodescanner - adds series and episodenumbers to your MP or 4TR EPG

fixed :) sorry

dau00

Portal Member
    January 5, 2008
    Hemslingen ( NDS )
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: New Tool: episodescanner - adds series and episodenumbers to your MP or 4TR EPG

I'm using WebEPG and I didn't find a option to configure the title, has anybody an idea how to fix it :confused:

How are you grabbing the EPG informations?

I'm using TVGuideImporter of 4TR and it works now

Dandy

Portal Pro
    June 4, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi,
    the tool works fine thank you!!! Now I habe a very stupid question:

Why do I need the tool in the first place? Why are the season# and episode# not delivered directly by tvtoday?
    Sorry for my unprofessional question!

dihoff

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    well, this sounds very interesting! i'm having a go at installing it now.

i had a look through all previous posts, but i couldn't see that anyone had attached a screenshot (before/after) yet... is someone willing to do that please? it would be great to know where to look for the changes (assuming they are seen on screen!).

i'm using MP 1.1 + ftr 1.5.0.2.

cheers,

dh.

dihoff

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    hmm, i've installed this tool, however, i seem to be having some trouble connecting to the ftr database...

i'm thinking this may be due to having selected windows authentication for ftr/sql express... i have tried to connect with my username + password, but it does not work, as per below (nothing in the log):

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    using MSSQL
    using 4TR Database
    DBI connect('driver={SQL Server};Server=DI-HTPC\SQLEXPRESS;uid=XXX;pwd=YYY;Database=fortherecord','XXX',...) failed: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'XXX'. (SQL-28000) at episodescanner.pl lin
    e 140 at DBI.pm line 651
    DBI::__ANON__('undef', 'undef') called at DBI.pm line 706
    DBI::connect('DBI', 'dbi:ODBC:driver={SQL Server};Server=DI-HTPC\SQLEXPR
    ESS;uid=di...', 'diane', 'xxx', 'HASH(0x33f37cc)') called at episodescanner.pl line 140
    require episodescanner.pl called at -e line 2635

config attached. any thoughts?

cheers,

dh.

View attachment config.txt

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: New Tool: episodescanner - adds series and episodenumbers to your MP or 4TR E

Hi,
    Why do I need the tool in the first place? Why are the season# and episode# not delivered directly by tvtoday?
    Sorry for my unprofessional question!
    Ask tvtoday :)

i'm thinking this may be due to having selected windows authentication for ftr/sql express... i have tried to connect with my username + password, but it does not work, as per below (nothing in the log):
    That's it. Only Username/Passwort authentication is supported.

Keneo

Portal Pro
    August 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi
    fantastic tool! I wish I found your program sooner!
    I have managed to get it working for the most part.

Questions:
    1) Is it really necessary to keep the program running 24x7 by using run_loop.bat? It seems a little excessive. Would it be a mistake to schedule it once every couple of hours?
    2) Is it possible to use this program somehow to rename my previous recordings with S#E## info? If you can insert that info into the database, how hard would it be to create an command line option that renames filenames with that info.

Problem:
    "Series in Cache as unknown..."
    This is the error I am getting for some shows. What does that error mean exactly? This occurs even though theTVDB does have the episode info listed in its database. The shows are Dexter and Modern Family

I ran the run_debug and looked at the log file it says "Cannot find dexter at TheTVDB" but dexter is on theTVDB. Same with "modern family"

I have attached the log file

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: New Tool: episodescanner - adds series and episodenumbers to your MP or 4TR E

Questions:
    1) Is it really necessary to keep the program running 24x7 by using run_loop.bat? It seems a little excessive. Would it be a mistake to schedule it once every couple of hours?
    2) Is it possible to use this program somehow to rename my previous recordings with S#E## info? If you can insert that info into the database, how hard would it be to create an command line option that renames filenames with that info.
    1.) just change the "sleep" in the .bat file to a value you like. I do it so i can even schedule a new series 5 min. before it will start and the script will push in the information.
    2.) sorry not at the moment

Problem:
    "Series in Cache as unknown..."
    This is the error I am getting for some shows. What does that error mean exactly? This occurs even though theTVDB does have the episode info listed in its database. The shows are Dexter and Modern Family

I ran the run_debug and looked at the log file it says "Cannot find dexter at TheTVDB" but dexter is on theTVDB. Same with "modern family"

I have attached the log file
    Problem with "Modern Family" is, that in your EPG it is named "Modern family" and not "Modern Family". I'll update the program when i'll have some free time again.

Same problem with Dexter. Your EPG seems to contain some funny writings. Perhaps you can change your EPG source for the moment?

Keneo

Portal Pro
    August 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Ok,
    So I went into the program guide database table and manually changed the title "Dexter" to "dexter".
    I then ran episodescanner and it found the episodes! Great!

But then I tried this for "Modern family" and it did not work. I tried changing it to MODERN FAMILY, Modern Family, modern family, Modern family. Nothing worked. Would you expect that?

More clues...
    I went back and experimented with Dexter again. I tried changing the title again. Here are the results...
    Dexter did not work
    DEXTER worked
    dexter worked
    dEXTER worked
    DexTer worked

There is something else strange. When episodescanner is running it lists the series title that it is looking for. Even though I changed the title in the GuideProgram table to "DEXTER" it still listed it as "Dexter" when searching. It does this no matter what I change the title to. Where does it get this title from?

Another (unrelated) problem I noticed was that there may be some issues with commonly ommitted words in the episode name. My llisting provider "MSN" (via a scraper) ommited the definate article "the" from one of episodes of "Caprica" ("the dirteaters") and it was not found. You may want to compensate for words like "the" "a" "an" in your next version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom