New TV logos for Dutch TV (1 Viewer)

akie43

Portal Member
February 18, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

If you use the XMLTV-grabber for Dutch TV, you get a number of standard TV logos that are designed to be used with MythTV. IMHO, they don't look very good. So I spent (far too much) time to design a set of TV logos that look good in MediaPortal.

I've attached the new logos to this post. I hope you enjoy them :D

These logos need to be installed in the following directory: 'c:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\TV\Logos\' . It might be that some of these logo's don't work. In that case, rename them to match the tv channel's name as listed in the TV guide.

Good luck :)

[ps. see the difference! The image on the left are the new icons, the image on the right are the old ones]

csberto

Portal Pro
November 6, 2004
Tilburg, the Netherlands
Thanks for the logos. I like them especially because they are transparant. I still mis a few however (Omroep Brabant, RAI Uno, TRT), so if you can spent some more time to design them I would very much appreciate it.
Thanks again.

akie43

Portal Member
February 18, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

Initially I just replaced the logo's I use myself, but I guess I can add some more. Any other logo's that are missing? Post your requests here :)

akie43

Portal Member
February 18, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi, I've just added the logo's for Omroep Brabant, TRT and Rai Uno. Download the attachment from the original posting to get them. Adding Rai Uno was hard, because the logo doesn't really resemble a square. And we all know TV logo's should be square :)

Anyway, I've modified it a little bit, but it's still hard to read. I thought about using the thingie in the middle as a logo, but unlike the V of Veronica, it isn't really well known I guess.

I'm sorry that I didn't add the logos for TV&CO, TÉVÉDÈRTIEN, Preview TV, Tell-Sell and InfoTV. If you want it really really really bad I might change my mind though ;)

akie43

Portal Member
February 18, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
If you want you can update some of your logo with the one in my signature.

Thanks.... but your logo's are larger! My logos are 50x46 pixels, yours are 114x112. Why is that? I took a screenshot of the TV Guide, and those logo's are only 50x46....

Is there another place where these logo's are used? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom