New TVE3 plugin: AVM FritzBox / WLAN Repeater DVB-C channel scan helper (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I deleted the Fritz.DVBC.m3u
    This file is only used if you do a manual scan. The plugin always reads a fresh list from your FritzBox/Repeater when doing a scan.

BreadPit

Portal Member
    August 31, 2017
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Update:

everything works with Fritz Repeater 7.01 in Mediaportal. All plugin versions from 0.3, 0.4, 0.4.1 are working, radio scan is working, 2 channels working

With Fritzbox 6490 7.01 (just got the upgrade) in Mediaportal, only plugin 0.3 is working with avm=1 parameter, giving me 1 tuner. 0.4. and 0.4.1 are not working, they don´t find a signal.
    But: the Fritzbox tuners all work in VLC / Kodi with avm=1 (1 tuner) and avm=0 (all tuners).

Fritzbox is Cable-company owned, but that should not make a difference here.

BreadPit

Portal Member
    August 31, 2017
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    And: manual scan in the DVB-IP Adapter does not work for ANY m3u . No Signal for all channels in the M3u, even though they work perfectly in VLC & Kodi?
    Any hints?

Example line from the m,3u:

Code:
    #EXTINF:0,ORF eins HD
    rtsp://192.168.1.1:554/?avm=0&freq=298&bw=8&msys=dvbc&mtype=256qam&sr=6900&specinv=0&pids=0,16,17,18,20,1201,100,102,103,104,7310,7311

oskar242000

Portal Member
    May 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So we can ensure now that the repeater is fully working with 2-Tuners with FW 7.01 and scanning within the plugin. For me this solution is much better and more stable than any of the USB-DVB-C-Cards I had. Thanks a lot morpheus_xx.

Wadu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 5, 2007
    Salzburg
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    @morpheus_xx I have installed your last update 0.4. It works fine. Thank you.
    Now I have 3 firedtv DVB-C and 2 the AVM Repeater working. Working great! It is a great solution if I have to replace my 10 years old tv server.

stefan75

April 4, 2010
    Hello,

I hope it is not too much off-topic:

@morpheus_xx
    In your initial post you wrote that "Sat>IP" is not yet supported in TVE3. I have a SAT-IP device from digital devices ("Octopus NET S2 Max").
    Any chance that TVE3 will be extended to support SAT>IP?
    Any chance that your plugin will support SAT>IP (maybe they share the same problems)?

With best regards,
    stefan

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Octopus NET
    Afaik the Octopus NET is the only SAT>IP device directly supported in TVE 3.0... So it should work for you ootb.

sat>ip support should over an m3u file
    Yes and No. You are able to watch or record a channel via m3u but you don't have any of the "comfort" functions a TV Server solution should have. No recordings of two different streams from one transponder, no skip to the next tuner it the called one is not able to tune the channel, not even the possibility to record one channel and watch the same channel on a different client simultaneously, and so on...

I'm using a Triax TSS 400 Mk2 and the poor support via m3u is the reason why I've abandon TVE. I hope this will get better one day, but right now SAT>IP is not really supported and no fun with TVE3.0...

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    the one and only problem is tve 3.0 feature freeze status
    and that many years

sure the plugin can do many things and im the last man that will not helping there
    but somethings must be expand to become an perfect solution

i play with sat>ip protocol since 2013
    yes the first projects was discovery and an dummy player
    and currently im working on scan tool link to my Github Projects

some code is the same that mp use and some of this classes are expanded
    it should be possible to create an plugin for it
    and push the results into the tve db so is no m3u needed

@mm1352000 you make all what you can do and has my fully respect for it and i say thanx for your donated Freetime

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    the one and only problem is tve 3.0 feature freeze status
    Indeed it is. Or you better say, it was. mm1352000 disappeared without a note and without releasing his code for further use so the public available TVE 3.5 code is many years old and not complete. This had a heavy impact on MP's TVE development... As far as I know (I'm retired) the code freeze is no longer valid but no one really has taken over the further TVE development now...

some code is the same that mp use and some of this classes are expanded
    it should be possible to create an plugin for it
    and push the results into the tve db so is no m3u needed
    Do I understand this right, you have a "nearly working" SAT>IP solution for TVE 3.0??? :eek: :D You should talk to e.g. @morpheus_xx instantly as he also wants to have this working asap...
    With all "average" functions I will come back to use TVE (in MP2) again as I'm very familiar with the usage of TVE and I still need to learn a lot on other TV solutions if I want things to be working as I'm used too. I'm, more than willing to help as much as I can (testing stuff)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom