New TVE3 plugin: AVM FritzBox / WLAN Repeater DVB-C channel scan helper (4 Viewers)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    See my comment in german thread. In short, I don't think we can use virtual IP addresses under Windows so easy. Besides this there was already a developer firmware that made the device nearly completely Cable>IP compliant. So in my opinion we should wait for a release of newer firmware and then make use of the Cable>IP interface in TVE3.5 (tested it there already!)

I will contact the developer support of AVM again and will ask for a new version or when we can expect a release

DarkOrje

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2011
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I have a FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable. Receiving and recording TV over the box worked fine until today where I updated my box to FRITZ!OS 7.00. Now Your plugin says "no signal". Does anybody else experience the problem? Does anybody knows a solution?

DarkOrje

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2011
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't know why, but now it works again. This is very good for the future :), but also annoying, because I couldn't watch and record the NFL games on 7MAXX yesterday. :(
    What I learned is that I can stream 4 tv programs at the same time from the FRITZ!box, but only to different devices (for example desktop, handy, HTPC, etc.).

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What I learned is that I can stream 4 tv programs at the same time from the FRITZ!box, but only to different devices (for example desktop, handy, HTPC, etc.).
    This limitation should be removed in FritzOS 7.0.

In my 6.98 beta firmware the generated stream URLs contain an additional parameter:
    #EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:0,Das Erste HD
    #EXTVLCOPT:network-caching=1000
    rtsp://192.168.178.1:554/?avm=1&freq=161&bw=8&msys=dvbc&mtype=256qam&sr=6900&specinv=0&pids=0,16,17,18,20,5100,5101,1170,1176,2171,5102,5103,5104,5105,5106,5108,5172

I think this was added as backward compatibiliy to limit 1 stream to 1 IP address, to force a clean teardown of non-compliant clients. If this parameter is removed, the limit should be avoided.

Unfortunately I can't test 7.0 firmware yet, it is not offered as update and I can't find a manual download image. How did you box update?

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately I can't test 7.0 firmware yet, it is not offered as update and I can't find a manual download image. How did you box update?
    I was able to update by Fritz!Box GUI, but you are right, on AVM FTP-Server there is no image :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom