new US imdb_com grabber file, adds SubTitle support (1 Viewer)

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    the channel that mapped KTVU, is my example in the grabber file, not sure why it auto-matches to anything. You need to fix your new channels, must start with a upper "C" Channel, lower "s" upper "I" siteId. You are now an official "programmer" everything must be exactly right, I've made the same mistake.

Code:
    <Channel id="KTVU-HD" siteId="KTVUDT"/>
    <channel id="KVIEHD" SiteId="KVIE"/>
    <channel id="64-4 KTFK.4" SiteId="KTFK"/>
    <channel id="TR3S" SiteId="TR3SP"/>

Jewell Jackson

September 21, 2015
    Home Country
    Where in the world do you place this XML file??? I installed v 1.12.0 and have been trying to get this mapping to work for about 5 hours now. It is STILL pulling in the sample data from God only knows where. Where should the XML file be placed and how do you link it as 'the' file to import???

Please help if you can. It doesn't look like this thread is active right now.
    Thanks.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Jewell

Where in the world do you place this XML file??? I installed v 1.12.0...
    As it says in the first line in the first post:
    The updated version of the US www_imdb_com.xml grabber file is included with MediaPortal 1.7.0 and later and you do NOT need to download a new grabber file.

Since you're using MP 1.12, you do not need the file from this thread.

...and have been trying to get this mapping to work for about 5 hours now.
    For goodness sake! If you have a problem, ask for help and don't waste your time.

It is STILL pulling in the sample data from God only knows where. Where should the XML file be placed and how do you link it as 'the' file to import???
    I guess you haven't found the wiki, because the wiki explains exactly what you have to do with step by step instructions.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/13_Setup_Guides/2_TV_Setup/4_TV_Guide_Setup_(EPG)/WebEPG

Regards,
    mm

will_ssi

Portal Member
    September 12, 2015
    Home Country
    It looks like IMDB's tv listings subsite has been replaced with news, and there's no listings and thus no EPG scraping to be had. This appears to have changed from 10/19 to 10/20 (east coast US), with google's cache still showing the listings but live versions of URLs redirecting to a big fat nothing of consequence.

What do people recommend for US OTA EPG, WebGrab+? I'd love to keep the ~14 days of schedule we had with IMDB, and I don't want to pay, even a nominal amount. it's the principal of the matter.

Is mc2xml still paywalled for US schedules?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Eeek:
    Why did you take away the TV listings? | IMDb.com Customer Community
    Hi All -

I'm just confirming here that unfortunately, the TV Grid feature has intentionally been removed from the site and is no longer available.

We have decided to remove the TV Listings Grid for a couple of reasons. Not only did the TV Listings Grid have low usage, but as more and more people have moved to viewing TV shows on streaming services, the TV Listings Grid was outdated, incomplete, and has outlived its usefulness.

We understand from your vocal comments that some of you dearly miss this feature. We are sorry for any inconvenience and hope you stay with us and give us the chance to delight you with improved and new features and experiences we launch in the future.

Guess I was wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom