new US imdb_com grabber file, adds SubTitle support (2 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I was just thinking that if you could get the EPG from your cable provider, that it would more accurate.
    I've tried and failed to find the EPG data in cable streams. I think Comcast must use a proprietary format.

Michael Towns

October 1, 2014
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi RonD (and all),

I have followed your instructions for setting up the WebEPG and it seems fairly simple. However, I can't get the grabber column to populate with any information. I am sure I am doing something simple wrong but I just can't figure it out. It was recommended that I upload some log files and my grabber file. These files are attached and if anyone has a moment to look at them and tell me what I am doing wrong I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Mike Towns

Attachments

• tv.zip
      396.4 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Mike :)

The quotation marks in your grabber file look a little weird. Could you please try the attached version instead.

Regards,
    mm

Attachments

• www_imdb_com.xml
      2.1 KB

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    when I looked at your imdb.xml file with notepad++ and firefox it looks like the 1st symbol in each siteID is a strange symbol instead of a " symbol. If you have firefox try opening your grabber file (drag into firefox) to see what I'm describing. Looks like a weird copy/paste problem.

Try editing your file, just type in the names for 1-2 channels and see if it works

imdb_wierd.PNG

Last edited:

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    Another comment. just try 2-3 channels, remove/save the others, and make sure you can get started, then worry about all the channels

Also, when you are done editing the imdb.xml file, its a VERY good idea to drag/open your file with IE, firefox, chrome web browser as a sanity check. If a browser cannot open the file, WebEPG will also have problems. You are typing a small "program" into a file read by another program. Everything needs to be exactly correct/clean. I make mistakes about 30% of time when I edit one of these files. Easy to make a typo.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Any other ideas?
    Yeah. According to the log file you've only configured one channel for grabbing.
    After updating the www_imdb_com.xml file you need to reopen TV Server configuration, go to the WebEPG plugin TV Mappings tab, and click "Auto Map". After that, go to the WebEPG general tab and click "save". Finally you can click "grab now!".

Michael Towns

October 1, 2014
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    I reopened the TV Server and clicked on Auto map again and it only maps one channel. The odd thing is that the channel that it maps the EPG name and the channel name don't match (see image). Sorry to keep bugging you all and thanks again for your help. Mike

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
      Capture.JPG
      32.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom