new US imdb_com grabber file, adds SubTitle support (2 Viewers)

ascagnel

February 14, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
OK, I've attached the export of TV channels & TV groups, the IMDB scraper, and the two log files. Hopefully this helps a bunch.

Thank you for taking the time to check this!

Attachments

• export.xml
    28.7 KB
  • www_imdb_com_07950.xml
    2.2 KB

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    Since the US is switching to daylight savings time this Sat/Sun night/morning (Mar 9/10) I checked how the switch works with the updated script. Looks like the grabber works correctly but at least in the pacific timezone there is a problem with the imdb webpage listings. Starting on Sat at 6pm, the listings are off by 1 hour, it gets cleaned up on Sun by 3am or so. For my local CBS station (KPIX) I see the following in the webpage listings

5:30 PMKPIX 5 News at 5:30pm:
    7:00 PMCBS Evening News
    7:30 PMKPIX 5 News at 6:30pm:

The 5:30 pm local KPIX news starts at the correct time, but for unknown reasons the webpage listings skips 6pm, shows the CBS Evening News starts at 7pm (should be 6pm), then shows the 6:30 KPIX news starts at 7:30 pm. This off by 1 hour continues until Sun morning.

This off by 1 hour also shows up in the MePo EPG and happens for all the channels I checked. The listings are correct at 3am or so. The MePo listings also shows a time glitch for the transition. In the US the "spring forward" happens at 1:59:59 am and time should skip forward to 3:00:00 am. The MePo EPG should not show 2:00-2:59.

If you use WebEPG with the imdb grabber and plan record shows on Sat evening/morning (Mar 9/10) you may have some problems.

Attachments

• EPG.png
      EPG.png
      449.4 KB

Stephen Barrett

February 18, 2013
    Home Country
    Ascangel, RonD, did you ever resolve the channel ID not found issue? I have the exact same problem

Attachments

• www_imdb_com_78704.xml
      1.5 KB

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    NO JOKE... Changed my text from "SiteID" to "SiteId" and it fixed the problem. stupid.

Steve,

You did a better job of debugging than I did and found what is causing the problem. I dropped the ball on following up on this problem.

I want to confirm 1 part of your message, you show "SiteId" works but when I tested your change it looks like you MUST use "siteId". I tried the following
    <Channel id="PBS" siteId="KLRUDT" />
    <Channel id="ABC" SiteId="KVUEDT" />
    <Channel id="CBS" siteid="KEYEDT" />
    <Channel id="FOX" siteID="KTBCDT" />

Only the first Channel PBS with "siteId" works and grabs EPG data, the next 3 fail. If I change all 4 channels to use "siteId", all 4 channels work. If I change to the following
    <Channel id="FOX" JUNK="KTBCDT" />

No errors are detected using TV ServerConfig > WebEPG > TV Mappings, it shows FOX, but fails when trying to grab the EPG data. I've never looked at the actual program/code for WebEPG, but guess the code does not do any "siteId" sanity checking when you do the setup/mapping/save, but fails when you do a "grab now". If you modify the "id" to "Id", "iD", or "ID", the channels do not show in the mapping list when you try a manual mapping.

Thanks for finding the problem/fix, I'll add a comment/note in the setup guides that you MUST use "siteId". The guides are now part of the official Wiki and have setup help for WebEPG/imdb, xmltv/mc2xml, and now also xmltv/WebGrab+Plus if you want to try another way of getting US EPG data. See
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/13_Setup_Guides/2_TV_Setup/4_TV_Guide_Setup_(EPG)

Last edited:

ap90033

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    I am trying to get the IMDB SiteId off of IMDB. All it shows there is ABC, FOX, etc not WYDO WUNKDT etc. Help?

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    ap,

Did you set a zipcode, select a TV provider, and then press GO to setup a local listing? I used zip = 90033 and with default Generic Pacific I only see ABC, CBS, etc. Then set TV Provider = TimeWarner (or ATT) and then get KNBC, KTLA, KABC etc for the LA area. Not sure where you are located or a valid zip in your area.

Cam

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2012
    Georgia
    Home Country
    How can you change your source of data?
    Like instead of IMBD use Comcast and also can it say that is a new show or not

Thanks,
    Cam

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    The current imdb_com grabber is specific to the data layout of the web data source. Your zipcode imdb listings probably include an option for comcast. Since I don't use comcast I'm not aware of listings they may offer or how easy/hard it would be to build a grabber for that data. If you are really interested in writing a comcast grabber I could point you to the wiki pages for WebEPG grabbers.

The existing WebEPG data source pages do not have information on new/repeat shows and I don't think the MePo EPG has direct support new/repeat shows. I personally use xmltv/mc2xml for EPG. With the "-a" or "-b" option you can add " *" to the Titles to indicate new/repeat shows, you can use this to control how you record shows. See this thread/message has some info on using the "-a -b" option. Not as clean as I'd prefer but gets the job done
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...recording-only-new-shows.121687/#post-1035484

setup info for xmltv/mc2xml
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._TV_Setup/4_TV_Guide_Setup_(EPG)/XMLTV_mc2xml

Cam

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2012
    Georgia
    Home Country
    I recently bought another computer just for the TV server and that seems to work very good. It has a centon 4 tuner card with a cable card installed (Comcast).
    I was just thinking that if you could get the EPG from your cable provider, that it would more accurate.

Thanks for the info!!
    Cam

Love this Mediaportal Stuff!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom