Newb - Need links to get media guide (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Auggybendoggy, at this point I think we need to stop. It's taking you a long time to do something that should be simple, and the sorts of questions you're asking lead me to suspect that you're overlooking something.

Would you be willing to setup a TeamViewer connection so that I can connect in to your computer and configure the basics for you?
    If yes, please do so.
    If no... well, we'll have to come up with some other way to do this. This is not optimal for me, and I strongly suspect it's not optimal for you either.

Auggybendoggy

March 25, 2017
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    MM1352000, I wasn't able to log in yesterday. I tried coming to the site but I got - no page found - on 2 different computers. If we can arrange a time, I'd be happy to give to the team viewer. Albeit, I've never done that either so I'm wondering if it's difficult :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MM1352000, I wasn't able to log in yesterday. I tried coming to the site but I got - no page found - on 2 different computers.
    Yeah, our online facilities were affected by a server outage (third party problem).
    Everything should be back up and working now.

If we can arrange a time, I'd be happy to give to the team viewer.
    Great! :)
    I'm based in New Zealand. It's currently 4:18 PM.
    If I weren't going out soon I'd suggest now as a good time.
    How about approximately 24 hours from now?

Albeit, I've never done that either so I'm wondering if it's difficult :)
    TeamViewer doesn't require installation (though you can if you want to) or configuration.
    All you have to do to enable me to connect is to send me a private message with your "partner ID" and password. These details are very prominent when you run the program. You can't fail to see them.

Auggybendoggy

March 25, 2017
    Home Country
    Well things got worse. The computer quite working on me. Now I've got to see if I can get it back up. All I get is a blinking cursor. I'll pull ram and graphics to see if that's the prob.

Auggybendoggy

March 25, 2017
    Home Country
    I think my graphics card is going bad. Tried a motherboard integrated port and everythings fine. Put the card back in and problems. Tried the DVI port on the graphics card and boom it works fine. Tried the display port, nothing. Took the card out, air dusted it out, put it back in. It works. Not sure how much more life but at least it's under control.

Auggybendoggy

March 25, 2017
    Home Country
    Before we connect, let me say that I'm getting a status report that the XML file is invalid.

Auggybendoggy

March 25, 2017
    Home Country
    Here's what I'm doing.
    My directory is set to C:/tvschedule

In that folder is zap2xml.
    I run as administrator a command line using this: C:\tvschedule> zap2xml -u username@host.com -p password -o tvguide.xml

It connects and does it's thing.

Then the tvguide.xml file is current.

I go into media portal configuration and in the directory, I set it to C:\tvschedule

I click import and nothing happens except for "the xml file is invalid".

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If you want, attach the XML file (tvguide.xml) and I'll be happy to check it.
    XML files can be opened in any text editor so they're easy to verify.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom