newbie - missing webEPG? (1 Viewer)

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    one suggestion, have you tried manually mapping WebEPG channels? see http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ion/TV-Server_Configuration/13_Plugins/WebEPG

look for the text that says ""To manually assign data sources to a channel", press "..." and it should bring up a manual selection window to find grabber/channels for various countries. You might look around and see if you can find grabbers/channels for the UK, Germany etc. Maybe that will give a hint where to look.

also, if you look in the setuptv.log file, the MP1 version show the following info when loading the WebEPG grabbers. It would help if you uploaded the log files
    Code:
    [2015-07-27 18:41:06,482] [Log    ] [SetupTv  ] [INFO ] - WebEPG Config: Loading Existing channels.xml
    [2015-07-27 18:41:07,998] [Log    ] [SetupTv  ] [INFO ] - WebEPG Config: Loading Grabbers
    [2015-07-27 18:41:08,013] [Log    ] [SetupTv  ] [DEBUG] - WebEPG Config: Directory: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\WebEPG\Grabbers\AT
    [2015-07-27 18:41:08,013] [Log    ] [SetupTv  ] [DEBUG] - WebEPG Config: File: programm_kurier_at.xml
    [2015-07-27 18:41:08,216] [Log    ] [SetupTv  ] [DEBUG] - WebEPG Config: File: www_tvtv_at.xml
    [2015-07-27 18:41:08,216] [Log    ] [SetupTv  ] [DEBUG] - WebEPG Config: Directory: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\WebEPG\Grabbers\AU

Last edited:

grepper

July 29, 2015
    Home Country
    A search for TuningParameters finds nothing.
    A search for tuning* finds nothing.
    A search for "webepg" finds nothing.

Strange, huh.

I'm getting the same feeling that something is missing. Is it just me? Seems like something so basic would have shown up by now. The weird thing is that my HTPC is a pretty clean system with only the normal Win 7 stuff, MS Media Center, Norton Antivirus, VLC, Firefox installed.

The Weather thing works. :) And so does News. I just need the most important part, the EPG!

Sorry about posting to the wrong area. Newbie problem. :) I'll check out the MP2 section. I just hate to have to explain it all over again!

Really appreciate the help and responses. I really want to get this working![DOUBLEPOST=1438142038][/DOUBLEPOST]Just saw your second post after I replied. I'll check out your suggestions and the logs etc.

I'm in the USA, if that makes any difference.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    even if you are in the USA, you could manually map 1 of your channels to a channel in any country, if you ever find the usa imdb_com, you could manually map 1 of your channels to the example KTVU in the grabber, press "save" then "grab now", to see if WebEPG works, then worry about getting the correct channels.

but all signs seem to be something is not really installed completely

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    A search for TuningParameters finds nothing.
    I can't understand how you'd be able to scan for channels if you don't have tuning parameters. :confused:

Sorry about posting to the wrong area. Newbie problem. :) I'll check out the MP2 section. I just hate to have to explain it all over again!
    This area is fine. We can move the thread later if necessary. No need to start another thread.

@morpheus_xx
    Please can you advise about the location of tuning parameters and the WebEPG grabber folder.

grepper

July 29, 2015
    Home Country
    I checked out the manual mapping link. Doesn't look like what I see (see attached). Obviously I'm going to have to do more reading, research and head scratching. I've been trying to get this installed for about 6 hours now.

I agree with you something basic seems missing.

Glad this area is fine. :)

I'm going to run the install on another Win 7 machine and see if I see the same thing.

Really appreciate your help. BTW, I've programmed in a bunch of different languages including assembly language, the last few years SQL programming. I only mention this so you have some idea where I'm coming from and because I don't think I'm being a bonehead... But then there are those days. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      43.6 KB

grepper

July 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Ok, so I just installed it on another Win 7 x64 machine. Had to install .Net 4.5.1 first. That machine does not have any tuners installed.

No www_imdb_com file.
    No tuning*, tuningparameters, etc.
    No "C:]ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\WebEPG\grabbers\US" folder

Crap. It seems to be exactly the same as on this machine. So not much help there.

I've attached the most recent server log.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    on your 1st system, do you have a setuptv.log file you could upload? a lot of the MP2 team lives in europe and they should show up in a few hours, hopefully they can help point you in the correct direction for MP2/WebEPG setup

grepper

July 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Where is the setuptv.log file? A search for it found nothing. I manually looked through the folders in ProgramData\Team MP.... and couldn't find it anywhere.

Does this all seem rather odd to you?:)

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    I've used MP1 for a few years, know where to find key log files, config file, setup etc. Did a little testing of MP2 last fall, but have not tried the new release. No idea where the MP2 setup/log files should be located and you will need to get help from an "up to speed MP2" person. On MP1 the tvserver.log, setuptv.log, etc files are all in the same folder.

grepper

July 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Ron, I want to really thank you for all your help. I started this about 3:00pm yesterday afternoon, just reading... trying to figure out if I could even install without trashing my MCE, etc. So, really, I've been at it for 11 hours now. Brain=toast.

Obviously there have been a bunch of changes from MP1>MP2. Something odd is going on. I don't think this should be so difficult. I've seen the same thing on two different machines, so something odd is going on. I think you are correct that I need an "up to speed MP2" person.

Nonetheless, I've NEVER had so much immediate assistance trying to install something. I'm amazed and thankful. Because of your assistance I'll stick with this until I get it to work.

I've got to crash for 8 or so hours. Be back tomorrow. (and hopefully not the next day) :)

Cheers!

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom