Newbie (1 Viewer)

arcadian

Portal Member
December 3, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi complete beginner and just downloaded MP but with no idea what or where everything is.

Really hoping it's possible to record old TV shows off the Net and how to start....?

Fingers tightly crossed thanks :)

arcadian

Portal Member
December 3, 2015
Home Country
Hi thanks. Yes I did see it and the FAQs but unfortunately being a complete non techie, also new to all this scene couldn't find or understand anything as it was all way over my head ! :D

I guess the first question is do I need any additional hardware or software first to record old TV streaming videos or is everything already in place....?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    do I need any additional hardware or software first to record old TV streaming videos or is everything already in place....?
    Am I getting this right, you would like to record online video streams, e.g. Netflix or Amazon? As far as I know these are all encrypted (using Silverlight) and cannot be recorded out of the box. While there might be means of working around the limitations, this is certainly not the place to discuss them.

MP is essentially a MediaCenter, meant to offer Live TV and media services.

arcadian

Portal Member
    December 3, 2015
    Home Country
    Great thanks for your reply.

I used to speak Swedish years ago and because I'm going back there next year I need to brush things up properly beforehand. On Swedish TV there's an option on repeats to have subtitles in Swedish for those hard of hearing, so it's clips like these (link at bottom) among many others on their site that I want to record to practice with later.

Normally I wouldn't need to do this just watch them when I want, however we're still on the old telephone cable for the Internet and the connection is hopeless until British Telecom put in a new fibreoptics cable sometime next year, so why I need to record them during quiet periods to avoid this problem.

Even if Media Centre can't help can you tell me a way to record lots more of these clips please ?

http://www.svtplay.se/video/4946476...tvodd-med-martina-thun-avsnitt-4-2?start=auto

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Even if Media Centre can't help can you tell me a way to record lots more of these clips please ?
    http://www.svtplay.se/video/4946476...tvodd-med-martina-thun-avsnitt-4-2?start=auto
    I am not a real expert in the area. There is quite a number of Swedish MediaPortal users who may be able to help you. That said, there is for example the plugin Online Videos , which allows he download of clips to a local disk. So if these Swedish sites can be added to OnlineVideos you would have a solution. Check out the plugin and the currently existing Swedish links,

arcadian

Portal Member
    December 3, 2015
    Home Country
    Didn't know OnlineVideos was MP as well, perhaps have a chat in Swedish too ! Great thanks a lot ;)

Users who are viewing this thread