NewPlugin: Dir (Display & IR) control device (1 Viewer)

induktor

Portal Member
October 18, 2008
Hello Sergey K
I just found this thread and I will love to do what you have done, can you share your code of this?.

I can program PIC but no idea about ATmega micros.

my main interest is the remote receiver, because I'm using microsoft USB remote but I only have 1, and it is almost impossible to find more, and I want to have another MP in the livingroom but can't control it :D

I was looking on your site but since I don't understand russian, I can only see the images :).

The code would be great :) anyway I will start building the hardware as the image in your site shows, this is compatible with the MP plugin right?.
thank you
please comment

Indtk

BadMojoX

Portal Member
March 22, 2008
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello all,
i've just published a new 0.3 version of the plugin along with a avr source code.
I think these changes will be available fo download soon.
Sorry for a long time, which has passed since my promise to release the next version of the plugin.
Actually, i didn't have much time for implementing all changes, which i've planned to do.
I've just published the latest version, which is working on my MediaPortal box a the moment.
Regards,

induktor

Portal Member
October 18, 2008
Thanks BadMojoX ! I will try it when I get home.

I don´t know AVR, I work with pic and Rabbit only, I´m trying to understand the protocol but so far I couldn´t figure it out how the IR codes are sent, do you have some documentation about this that you could share?.
Thanks a lot for doing this, yours it´s a really important plugin, specially now that the MCE remote is almost impossible to find, lifesaver :D

Indkt.

didiet78

October 6, 2008
Home Country
Indonesia Indonesia
Hello Sergey K
I just found this thread and I will love to do what you have done, can you share your code of this?.

I can program PIC but no idea about ATmega micros.

my main interest is the remote receiver, because I'm using microsoft USB remote but I only have 1, and it is almost impossible to find more, and I want to have another MP in the livingroom but can't control it :D

I was looking on your site but since I don't understand russian, I can only see the images :).

The code would be great :) anyway I will start building the hardware as the image in your site shows, this is compatible with the MP plugin right?.
thank you
please comment

Indtk

you can use Google Translate

Sergey K

Portal Member
February 9, 2008
Kyiv
Home Country
Ukraine Ukraine
my main interest is the remote receiver
In my firmware I use NEC comparability IR (no RC-5 support). In which standard work You remote?

:), not enoght time to translate, but Goggle have :) (thank didiet78)

this is compatible with the MP plugin right?.
yes, but not all functions is work (only time synchronization, basic functions to text out and remote). In table You can see: green is supported functions.

The code would be great :)
now I don’t ready to share all source code :(

induktor

Portal Member
October 18, 2008
Hi, gogle translate? ,huh don't ever know that it exists :) I'll give it a try :)

I'm using RC6 remote control, no idea what standard, I have 0 knowledge in IR protocols, etc, I program several micros for years now but never had anything with remote controls, that's why i have no idea :) hehe.

I supose that the "time synchronization"that you mention is to maintain time on the microcontroller side (display) and possible auto power off/on without the computer right?, interesing feature!, specially using the ds1307, i have used it before too :D

thanks
Indkt.

BadMojoX

Portal Member
March 22, 2008
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello, there is a bug in the current version 0.3: there will be no texts displayed on the display.
This bug is already fixed. I will publish a new 0.3.0.1 version soon after the changes will be tested.
Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom