NewPlugin: Dir (Display & IR) control device (1 Viewer)

Sergey K

Portal Member
February 9, 2008
Kyiv
Home Country
Ukraine Ukraine
Where should I install the plugin? plugin\Windows or plugin\process?
"plugin\process"
If You can enable plugin in mediaportal configuration and enter to the plugin setup - the plugin work correct.
I also noticed there are XML files included. Where do they go?
same folder!
That's funny. Whenever I open mediaportal configuration, my comport is not available. I still haven't found out which plugin is accessing it.
DiR? :)
I can't get the plugin to work. I clicked the "Test" button and it doesn't send anything to my PIC.
check incomming signal on PIC RX pin in moment, when you pressed "test".
What is speed of Your COM-port? When I to used 4MHz quartz with PIC16F887 and speed 115 kbps, I can not get link. I bring down speed to the 9600 bps.

donacoba

Portal Member
November 1, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Solved the COM1 port problem.

By default, SerialUIR and RedEye will access COM1 port. Only available COM port on my system was COM1. Change the COM port settings on both plugins, SerialUIR and RedEye and DiR will be free to use COM1.

Note: SerialUIR and RedEye under "Remote" can be accessed in expert mode.

One problem left. I can connect to DiR but once I click "OK" to exit the config menu, it hangs. According to the log file, the error is: Waiting for command SetOffDisplayState to be aknowledged." What command is that? Thank you!

Sergey K

Portal Member
February 9, 2008
Kyiv
Home Country
Ukraine Ukraine
According to the log file, the error is: Waiting for command SetOffDisplayState to be aknowledged." What command is that?
All commands You can see in "interface.h" file.
Code:
#define CMD_SET_OFF_STATE 0x06 // followed by the power on state , used to display different states
// To board: CMD_SET_ON_STATE, State (1 byte), From board: (Aknowledge), State byte is the same
// as for CMD_SET_ON_STATE.
When my hardware received "CMD_SET_OFF_STATE" it enter in StandBy mode. In StandBy my hardware presents in first row: current time, date, day of week, temperature (by DS18S20); and second row: text from external memory (weather, information).

donacoba

Portal Member
November 1, 2009
Home Country
ok, thank you for your time! All is well. I'll hopefully create a write up for my hardware, too. It's amazing how the program works so well with the remote commands. I'm hoping to upgrade my computer system so that mediaportal runs smoother. Cheers!

donacoba

Portal Member
November 1, 2009
Home Country
I'm only using the IR for now. I'm thinking of other ways to improve it besides the "Display". Ya know, maybe control other things. :)

kajmaj

Portal Member
September 5, 2010
Hi, just one silly question:
How to install this plugin "DirControlDevice" I have copied all from the folder MediaPortal to the ...Plugins/Processes but MP config does not recognize this plug-in. I have XP SP.3 installed and MP 1.1.0.0 and using RC MCE compatible with USB receiver (IR sensor)
I am sure that doing sthg wrong, but what? :(

Sergey K

Portal Member
February 9, 2008
Kyiv
Home Country
Ukraine Ukraine
*\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process\DirControlDevicePlugin.dll
You can not use any subfolders in \plugins\process\ folder for DirControlDevicePlugin!

kajmaj

Portal Member
September 5, 2010
Thanks.
It is what I did. Futehrmore I have had switch into expert mode.
MP started to offer DirControl and MiniDisplay plugin :)

But DirControl Setup does not have Support for Futaba DM-140GINK (it offers Generic 8x1 LCD only) and there is no possibility to add a PORT

MiniDisplay offers Futaba DM-140GINK, it is possible to do test (connected on LPT1) but it freezes during modules running :(

So I am a bit confused.

Is there any way how to add DM-140GINK into DirControl?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom