Next version of MP2 (1 Viewer)

AdHu86

Portal Pro
January 14, 2022
Berlin
Home Country
England England
Hi,

It’s since longer time quite silent about MP2. When do you plan the next release and what the planned features and bug fixes? :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

It’s since longer time quite silent about MP2. When do you plan the next release and what the planned features and bug fixes? :)
    The next release is MP2 v2.5 and it's almost done. I think a release in 2023 is possible, but closer to the last day of the year than tomorrow ;)
    The Jira tickets are public, so you can basically always take a look on what we are working in which release.

AdHu86

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2022
    Berlin
    Home Country
    England England
    @ge2301 contacted me and asked to test the latest pre release version. I did an upgrade installation on my existing MP2.4.1. This went smoothly without any issues.
    Based on the jira tickets I tested some of the new features and I like them (y) No issues detected. For some tickets I was not sure what it is about though.
    Shall I test something specific for TV? I’ve TVMosaic still installed, so I’m ready.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301 contacted me and asked to test the latest pre release version. I did an upgrade installation on my existing MP2.4.1. This went smoothly without any issues.
    Based on the jira tickets I tested some of the new features and I like them (y) No issues detected. For some tickets I was not sure what it is about though.
    Shall I test something specific for TV? I’ve TVMosaic still installed, so I’m ready.
    Would be good to check, if with TVMosaic the EPG is loading in acceptable time and the recording scheduling is working. Try to add and remove recordings, check also if they are correctly shown in EPG after adding and removing.

Also TV and Radio were separated, see if there are any issues when you play around (playback of radio channels, recording of radio channels etc.)

AdHu86

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2022
    Berlin
    Home Country
    England England
    Tested/Checked:
    • New Installer: Upgrade installation on MP2.4.1: OK
    • Recording schedules for TV and radio: OK
    • Apperance of schedules in EPG and schdule screen: OK
    • Configure scroll behavior setting: OK
    • Configure dialog appearance: OK
    • Configure header apperance: OK
    • Fanart visibility setting: OK
    • Enable round menu tiles: OK
    • New cinema plugin: No HomeContent for Cinema
    • Online Videos: Almost no streams !?

General feedbacks:
    • Some settings have capital words, some not (e.g. Enable round menu tiles, Enable Age Certification Logos), it's not systematic
    • Reminder of my features request to optionaly replace the help texts in home screen to library information ;)
    The version is really great, good work!!!
    I love all the new features and the new cinema plugin is what I was missing before. Finally a chance to play trailers. Could we also play trailers for movies in the library and not just for the cinemas program? Sometimes we are unsure whether to watch a movie from the description and would prefer a trailer.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Online Videos: Almost no streams !?
    @doskabouter made a rework of the plugin and shifted the online sources to our mediaportal repository. I also saw that 90% of the sites are removed I'm not really sure if all of them were not working. If some of the removed were working I don't like the approach. But maybe he can share with us.

Some settings have capital words, some not (e.g. Enable round menu tiles, Enable Age Certification Logos), it's not systematic
    Yeah, but I'd leave that for now, because all translations would have to be redone for those. I think the background ist, that different developers have different ways to form the expressions ;) I agree, that this should not happen in a professional software.

Reminder of my features request to optionaly replace the help texts in home screen to library information ;)
    As mentioned nothing for this release and it's not straight forward. @Brownard would better to decide how much effert is needed. We are currently lacking developers and need to priorize the tasks to the core items :(

Could we also play trailers for movies in the library and not just for the cinemas program? Sometimes we are unsure weather to watch a movie from the description and would prefer a trailer.
    We have a task for this. But again, too few people to tell when it could be integrated. Definitely not for MP2.5.

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey, I have no issues yet. I also upgraded from MP2.4.1 and tried a fresh installation on my other client. I checked the parts that were changed and liked them too :) Great job. I’ll test more later and report here if I see something. I agree with the comments from @AdHu86 those things I can confirm. Also his feature ideas are valid, I support them ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread