MP2 - V2.1 .nfo files not imported properly (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfd553

Portal Member
January 2, 2016
Home Country
Canada Canada
I have been told to use tinyMediaManager to create MP2.1 readable info files so I can edit the tags and import appropriate information in MP2 (Recorded french movies on TV and using IMDb provides only English info: Tagging recorded movies.).

I then created a .nfo file for a french movie using tinyMediaManager. I get the right information in french for <plot> and <outline> in tinyMediaManager and in the .nfo file it creates beside the movie (.wtv). However, when I reimport the movie in MediaPortal 2, it does not bother with .nfo file and seems to grab the content from IMDb anyway, in English :-(

Procedure...
home>settings>media sources>media sources overview> ReImport:Movies
The Movies directory contents only 2 files: Borderline.wtv and Borderline.nfo
I tried many time after either renaming the movie (and the .nfo file), or deleting the movie from MP2 and import it again, nothing work.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have been told to use tinyMediaManager to create MP2.1 readable info files so I can edit the tags and import appropriate information in MP2 (Recorded french movies on TV and using IMDb provides only English info: Tagging recorded movies.).

I then created a .nfo file for a french movie using tinyMediaManager. I get the right information in french for <plot> and <outline> in tinyMediaManager and in the .nfo file it creates beside the movie (.wtv). However, when I reimport the movie in MediaPortal 2, it does not bother with .nfo file and seems to grab the content from IMDb anyway, in English :-(

Procedure...
    home>settings>media sources>media sources overview> ReImport:Movies
    The Movies directory contents only 2 files: Borderline.wtv and Borderline.nfo
    I tried many time after either renaming the movie (and the .nfo file), or deleting the movie from MP2 and import it again, nothing work.

I'm quite sure, that you have used a wrong setting.
    In "Server setting --> Movie Import Settings" you need to turn of the respective data from online sources, that should be considered only from local sources (tagged infos from tMM). Please check all settings, my screenshot is only one example for movies.
    upload_2017-4-16_20-31-38.png

Secondly you need to set the correct grabbing language, if you want to use online sources. You find it also in "Server setting --> Movie Import Settings".

jfd553

Portal Member
    January 2, 2016
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Well, I use MediaPortal 2 "Spring of '16" Release and under Settings>Server settings
    I only have two options offered:
    Resource mounting drive letter and Network credentials...
    No Movie Import Settings, and it does not seem to appear anywhere else in settings??!

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There has been a lot of development since Spring 16. You would need to install 2.1pre2 to be able to use nfo files in the described way.

If you would like to be able to benefit from lots of improvements then please have a look at the release news and pay special attention to the upgrade instructions.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    and seems to grab the content from IMDb
    MP2 never grabs any information from IMDB. IMDB is commercial and delivers data only in English language. MP2 is using TMDB instead, that is not commercial and deliver data in various languages...
    Aside this, even Spring 16 uses .nfo files over online data. I've used MP2 since years now without any online grabbing for metadata in series or movies... The main difference (in this aspect) is, with more recent versions you can configure what should be read from where... In Spring 16 you can not configure this. But as long as the .nfo files are valid and have proper naming, Spring 16 should use them. Best is to name the .nfo for movies exactly as the video file. And for series there has to be exactly one "tvshow.nfo" (containing metadata valid for the whole series) and one .nfo for every episode that also should be named exactly as the video file...

jfd553

Portal Member
    January 2, 2016
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Aside this, even Spring 16 uses .nfo files over online data.
    That is why I posted this thread in "bugs". If you look at the procedure I used, the .nfo file contains french <plot> and <outline> tags but once the movie appears in MP2 library, the description (plot) is in English so it must have get the information from somewhere else... TMDB?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please install the latest version. The spring version assumes the language from the OS as the importer language, this can also cause problems. But these are speculations. Install the latest version and upload log files in case of problems.

jfd553

Portal Member
    January 2, 2016
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    2.1pre2 installed and it works (uses .nfo files as expected) :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom