No audio/video pins found , no channel found (2 Viewers)

hakuna

Portal Pro
October 15, 2004
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
No no, I just manually added the Conexant field to look at its pins and found that it too don't have audio in, same as the HVR with the same name.

I pressed auto tune on HVR before pressing render. Shouldn't I get white noice and not a black window if it was not tuned to a channel?
I will try making a graph for the Pinnacle as well, that I should get running since it works in MPC, exept for sound that is...

Your "Pinnacle ... BDA Analog Capture", under which group in graphedit did you find that?

I don't have access to the HTPC now, but I will check more tomorrow.

Btw, I ran dxdiag without problems.

hakuna

Portal Pro
October 15, 2004
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi. Now I have the graph for the HVR-900.
I get only a black window when I press play.
I can't find a suitable box for the audio.
When I open device in MediaPlayerClassic I get picture but no sound. I can also connect to a remote graph in graphedit and it looks like the one I do myself.

When I try to open the Pinnacle PCTV in MPC or graphedit it crashes the program.

fherrador

Portal Member
January 30, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Dear hakuna, sorry for being so late replying, falled sick two weeks ago....

First, Autotune doesnt work for me either, tune the chanel manually (its TV services MSoft fault) be sure to put the right parameters on the tuner dialog for your country/channel, double check, its tricky.

Second, ffdshow it's sitting in the middle of raw video processing on that graph, because the smart tee it's not needed at all to decode video (it's a raw video source). Normally the capture pin (or preview one) has also a properties page to set the format and size. And that one connect directly to the video overlay or the VMR overlay renderer (activex window). I that your system insists on putting ffdshow as raw avi video processor and adds a deinterlacer, check your ffdshow control panel....

Third, tv audio comes in many flavours, UK band EU band, analog stereo, digital stereo it all depends on the PAL /B/G/K/U/? setting on TV tuner filter and the selected channel settings on the TVAudio filter. The default/preset/stored values may be wrong for your country/channel.

And fourth, your graph it's absolutely right on the video up to the video capture filter, but you miss the audio input in the capture filter or the the audio capture filter is an independent item (rare but possible) just look on the WDM capture devices list, you must find 3, your audio card capture , the analog video capture, and the analog audio capture from tv.
If you find the analog audio capture part then attach it to the Crossbar, rightclick -> render will connect it to you default DirectSound device directly (no decoders/encoders needed again) just check that the Crossbar pairs correctly the two inputs by switching the output type and verifying the route in the properties page and sound will hopefully work.

Keep this in mind, if you can't graph it, neither will MP and almost all DirectShow based programs will fail. Last resort, find amcap.exe, if that one fails to grab/tune at least the video you are in a deep system related trouble, uninstall codec packs, even ffdshow, and try to get back to a stable DirectShow config.

If this happens to be true and finally works, a patched version of tvlibray will be needed to correctly route the extra filter for the HVR audio, but first you must see it working on graphedit, even partially, before patching arround...

Attached you will find a capture of a complete graph running on my pctv300 card with all properties opened to guide you on parameters to get the video signal tunned correctly and straigth to the overlay activex window...

Good luck my friend...

PD: (The black box has live video on the screen capture but VMR overlays can't be captured easily so, imagine its there ... :)

hakuna

Portal Pro
October 15, 2004
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi. Hope you're better now!

Do you see something happening while autotuning or is it totally still?

I set ffdshow raw video to "disabled".

The thing is in "WDM capture devices" I only have one HVR-900 box, and that's already in the graph but with only the video input...
I will request if someone else has a working graph.

/Niclas

fherrador

Portal Member
January 30, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
So you dont have nothing simmilar to this:

;---------------
;Localizable
;---------------
Vendor = "Hauppauge"
DiskLabel = "WinTV HVR900 Driver Disk"
Mfg = "Hauppauge"
emAudio.DeviceDesc = "WinTV USB2 Audio Device"
emAudio.Topo.szPname = "WinTV HVR-900 Audio Topology"
emAudio.Wave.szPname = "WinTV HVR-900 Audio Device"
emAudio_MIDI = "WinTV HVR-900 MIDI Device"
emAudio.Name = "WinTV HVR-900 Audio Device"
HVR900.DeviceDesc = "WinTV HVR-900 Audio Device"
HVR930.DeviceDesc = "WinTV HVR-930 Audio Device"

(This comes from the latest driver disk for hvr-900 file hcwEmAud.inf)

just all or most of thi list :

USBHVR901.DeviceDesc = "WinTV HVR-900"
Cap.HVR901.Name = "WinTV HVR-900 Capture"
TVTuner.HVR901.Name = "WinTV HVR-900 TVTuner"
TVAudio.HVR901.Name = "WinTV HVR-900 TVAudio"
Xbar.HVR901.Name = "WinTV HVR-900 Crossbar"
BDACap.HVR901.Name = "WinTV HVR-900 BDA Capture"
BDATuner.HVR901.Name = "WinTV HVR-900 BDA Tuner"
Audio.HVR901.Name = "WinTV HVR-900 Audio"

it's ok?

hakuna

Portal Pro
October 15, 2004
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi. Yes I have these.
I have tested some more.
I get this graph with MediaPlayerClassic if I choose HVR-900 as audio, I get two separate threads as seen in the picture.
I don't get audio though... If I record with Windows Audio recorder there is a wave playing but it's just white noice.

With <Video capture device> as sound in MPC I only get the "video thread" of the graph.

With MP TVE3 Channel preview I get "Unknown error". Here is tv.log
http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com/12429

rspbr

Portal Member
April 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi fherrador,

Could you please take a look at this thread ?

I was trying to setup my PCTV USB2 2821 and I think I might have found a bug in the algorithm MP uses to create graphs. Maybe that is why hakuna is having issues.

(Although I have to admit that your comment about not being able to connect the WDM part sounding awfully close to the problem I have...)

fherrador

Portal Member
January 30, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
USB TV Blues ......

Dear rspbr, your problems look simmilar in outcome but are different in nature, correct me if i'm wrong but your thread speaks of MP stand alone version and this one battles on TVEngine + TVPlugin + MP arena but, yes, there are some likeness, somehow....

An universal capture graph builder it's not an easy game and MP people knows it, covering all mixtures it's almost impossible, thats why (i think) frodo dropped the miriad of configurations who existed on older MP's and tryed to embed a do-it-all digital & analog builder for the masses on TVEngine, but remember that it's still beta (0.3),

I had the same problems on TVEngine with "pin amnesia" and yes MP has a "bug" creating graphs because the parameters that configure the filter and, consequently, the mediatypes for the pins are the last thing that MP does, this means that some filters may refuse to connect or even to create some of the pins because they are uninitialized.

This affected me mainly on encoder framesizes/framerates but never figured that this could also be happening to device level filters like xbars and pherhaps capture filters ..... who knows...

Last, graphedit it's not a full test bench, i mean that you can't actually configure correctly all filter parameters, it's just a test tool for exposed params (not all)... There are things that to put it on simple words, cannot be done without coding them....

I wish i could help more but it seemd to be that something eludes me particulary on USB devices, there are common evidences that the audio its not being routed in the same way that normal PCI cards do... looks like if the drivers for the video and audio part where separated at kernel level and also at filter (DS) level.

I was studying the HVR-900 drivers and they are installed as if the USB were composed of two different devices, one for the video and one for the audio, who, in turn create DVB and analog objects.

Hakuna's (or Niclas) problem can be related to the fact that the capture filter has no input pins, thats clear on graphedit at first glance but, wouldn't be the first time that i see a capture filter that MUST get the pins connected in a concrete order, first audio pins (in that exact case exactly 2) and then video ... (was an USB Aver card i remeber) so ..... in that case, a new input pin was created if (and only if) the first pin connected was of mediatype audio, took me two weeks to figure it!

Niclas ..... white noise = untunned channel = wrong frequency = bad tunner parameters, are you sure that the channel number on the tunner properties page it's well known, the type is ok (antenna/cable), system(pal/B)......etc

or ..... have you ever tunned that channel, for example with the HVR-900 original WinTV software?

PD: I still don't see, understand why there's a need for the smart tee's on the graphs ...... in fact i have made some tests "cabling it" that way and it gaves me a nice black tv screen activex window ........ like yours .....

hakuna

Portal Pro
October 15, 2004
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thanks for the looong answers!
I tuned a channel in WinTV2000 and then MPC also showed the channel. No sound though.
The smart tees (what is that anyway?) are there automatically when I connect to remote graph from MPC in Graphedit.
I get video but no audio in AMCap as well. (No graph provided from that program.)

The white noice when I record probably comes from the external audio input from my PCTV card.

/Niclas

fherrador

Portal Member
January 30, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
I assume the following:

1.- You get video & audio from WinTV2000
2.- when tunned previously MPC shows video but no audio is played
3.- No graph is exposed from wintv2000 to connect to
4.- Using graphedit - HVR-900 Tuner filter is unable to tune or you are unable to display the tuned channel
5.- Your last log shows the same original situation, i saw no change from the first.

My conclusion from your MPC & amcap experiences is that this USB TV devices work as a tandem pair of independent drivers and the audio part comes from a dark path yet unknown to common but standard programs (MPC & Amcap & MP), but used by the manufacturer. Our goal here its to identify how they do it using the filters & devices available in the system.

One hint about graphedit that may help when trying to build & connect. Some pins also have property pages (right click on them), this is specially important on capture out pins because this ones define things like resolutions, framerates and colourspaces .... things that can take default values from the OEM that are not always the best choice.

Unless we don't find a way to get the audio like wintv2000 does i don't see how to solve this issue, i will study the drivers to try to get a deeper knowledge of the path used to capture the analog signal apparently not available at the tunner pin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom