[Installation] No channels available (1 Viewer)

jof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Why are you all import the channellist you can simply use the old database:

- a present TV-Server database will be upgraded and can be reused

I did this and I hat all channels and settings as before.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i wonder if any dev's are looking into this?
    As we said a zillion times.
    1.1.0 will require a _clean instllation_.
    Upgrading a present Tv-Server DB from 1.0.x "should" work (it does here), but there is no guarantee for that.
    Also the im/export was heaviely reworked since the 1.0.2 release which will cause the issue you see when importing backups.

So again, this lead to the statement that 1.1.0 -> requires a clean installation <-.

Btw. mylle, your first post does nowhere near match the bugreport posting guideline.
    Please read and follow the next time you post a bugreport.
    :D

chuvke

Portal Member
    December 30, 2006
    Hi,

Just a suggestion:
    I guess if the import function isn't compatible with previous versions, at least a warning would be usefull.
    Especially because this function is used to get from one version to another without losing settings.

Greets,
    Chuvke

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Especially because this function is used to get from one version to another without losing settings.
    Problem is that there is no versioning in exported xml files as far as i know.
    So TV-Server Configuration does not know if the xml is supported or not.
    I will forward this to the devs. Maybe someone has an idea. ;)

Cooler

Portal Member
    May 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    no canaal digitaal

:eek:wierd problem wen i scan 19E 23.5 i get lots of channels but not canaal digitaal provider and thats the one i need this has always worked
    are there more people who have this problem:mad::mad::mad:

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    :eek:wierd problem wen i scan 19E 23.5 i get lots of channels but not canaal digitaal provider and thats the one i need this has always worked
    are there more people who have this problem:mad::mad::mad:
    how about creating your own bugreport where you attach logs of the scan???
    crystal ball is broken, so no clue about what is going on in your pc. :D

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    OK, I had the same issue as well with my recent upgrade.
    The issue is with the different import/export procedure.

A solution is to open the MpTvDb database in SQL Studio Express and open the Channel table. There is a new field in there called ExternalID. I just added a 1 to this entry in each line and everything seems to be working now. I figure maybe the import process should be revamped to auto fill missing data? There's another thread on this with more devs looking at, so I'll post there too.

Of course, this is still no substitute for a clean install, but will get you going if you have a lot of channels and don't want to start all over. Just be sure that if you have any issues after this that you test on a clean install as well.

Edit: here is the other thread - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-1-0-alpha-453/tv-no-longer-working-66958/

stefanbaar

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2007
    Holstebro
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I had the same problem. I made a clean install both Windows and MP 1.1 beta. Scanned for channels and got preview working inside tvserver configuration, but no channels inside MP.

But I think it has something to do with the radiochannels. After I deleted all the webradiochannels and tv channels I made a rescan of the tv channels and now the tv channels are working inside MP.

Tvguide is not working. I am using the xmltv plugin. <--- fixed (grabed new tvguide.xml and imported)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    But I think it has something to do with the radiochannels. After I deleted all the webradiochannels and tv channels I made a rescan of the tv channels and now the tv channels are working inside MP.
    sounds like a broken/corrupted database to me.

stefanbaar

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2007
    Holstebro
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    sounds like a broken/corrupted database to me.

You are probably right. But I made a clean install of windows and MP twice. And the same problem occurred 1. and 2. time. So this must be a bug...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom