No display of tv channels on Client PC (2 Viewers)

Gent32m

Portal Member
December 23, 2007
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
The codecs were already selected
(i did not change anything in the settings of MP config; they are at default values)

Attached: Screendump (of MP Client Config)

Attachments

• Screen.jpg
    Screen.jpg
    52.9 KB

Gent32m

Portal Member
December 23, 2007
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi,

Is there anything more I can do ?

Please let me know...

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    For now i dunno what could cause that, if you haven't tried disable firewall & see. If you have a chance to add a cable network instead try that too other then that i'm empty for now....

Regards
    Roy

psoukal

April 18, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Also seeing behaviour that Gent32 is seeing on RC1.0

I'm following this thread. I'm now running RC 1.0 and experienced the issue that Gent32m is seeing.

If it helps, I have observed on my TVServer configuration that when I start MyTv from a client, timeshifting starts on the Manual Control page, and then if I look at the Streaming clients, I see my client connect then disconnect immediately after.

I disabled the firewall on BOTH the client and server and it's all working now. :oops:

What I'd like to know is what I need to do to my firewall so that I can make this work?? I'm running the Vista firewall.

I've added the MySQL-NT.exe and TVService.exe to the firewall on the server. What is missing from my configuration? Something on my client I suspect.

Thanks,
    Peter

Hi ronilse and Gent32m,

I've got TV on my MediaPortal client!!! I did it by enabling these programs on my Vista firewall

Server: mysql-nt.exe, tvservice.exe
    Client: mediaportal.exe <--- I was missing this

Thanks ronilse for mentioning the firewall, I did part of the configuration on the server but since I don't know the architecture of the TVService.exe I didn't think there was more to do on the client.

Hope this helps,
    Peter

Gent32m

Portal Member
    December 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hey psoukal,

You have my :D

The problem is fixed now!
    I can now play TV channels on my Client TV. Super :D

What needs to be done ?
    1) tsreader.ax needs to be registered. Is this automatically done by the deploy tool ?
    2) MediaPortal.exe needs to be checked on in the Firewall on the client pc.
    => It was added by the deploy tool, but left unchecked.
    3) On the server side, "mysql-nt.exe" doesn't need to be added to the firewall (it also runs without)
    But these 2 ports were already added to my firewall by the deploy tool. I didn't change that in any way.
    - Microsoft SQL (TCP) 1433 TCP
    - Microsoft SQL (UDP) 1434 UDP
    4) MediaPortal TvService.exe was also added (and activated) by the deploy tool.

So the thing that needs to be done (in the next release of MediaPortal) is that the deploy tool needs to activate "MediaPortal.exe" on the client (in the Firewall). And not only add it unchecked.

Anyway my problem is solved...

I still need radio sound (from my DVB-T radio in Mediaportal) tough.
    See my other bug report.

Thanks for the assistance :)

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    I had the same problem with not being able to view TV on a client. In my case there was no rule for MP added to the firewall rules in Vista. BUT there was already a rule called "MediaPortal" in the firewall, this was a rule for MP2.

Could it be that the deploytool only checks for a rule with the name "MediaPortal" ?
    If so it should also check if it really is the rule for the newly installed MP.exe.

psoukal

April 18, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Great news Gent32m and you're welcome. I'm just glad someone else was having the same issue with the TV client.

Regarding point (3):

I'm running on MySQL and it does require the firewall to be opened on the TV server. The client can't connect to the database without it.

Cheers,
    Peter

Gent32m

Portal Member
    December 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hey Guys,

You have marked this thread as 'no bug'.

It is no bug in MediaPortal nor in MediaPortal TV Server.

But isn't this a bug in the MP Deploy Tool ??

Namely:

The thing that needs to be done (in the next release of MediaPortal) is that the deploy tool needs to activate "MediaPortal.exe" on the client (in the Firewall). And not only add it unchecked.

+ check other Firewall settings (commented in this thread)

Just my remarks...

Keep up the good work!
    Cheers.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Not a bug but a feature.
    It is added in Mantis so it won't be forgotten & should be added before RC2 release...

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom