No HD picture with MP 1.0 (1 Viewer)

doogle

Portal Pro
October 24, 2008
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
From memory, I have a Pentium D dual core 3Ghz, 2MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 6700XL, 250Gb HDD (in short I have the specs needed).

I have a quad hybrid tuner based on Philips 713 BDA chipset - 2 x DVB-T & 2 x DVB-S.

On RC3 I can receive DVB-T channels which are transmitted in h.264/MPEG4 & I can receive BBC HD channel vis DVB-S. Also receiving all the BBC & ITV channels, etc via DVB-S MPEG2

I appreciate that you like to have all the specs information, if only to satisfy yourself that this is not the issue, but the hardware and platform specs have not changed on my PC - I have only a problem with MP 1.0 & no problem for HD channels on RC3.

I will upload logs later to give full specs, etc.

wjw

Portal Pro
July 13, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I can be more specific. I first reported this problem (see post 50392) when I moved from RC3 to 4, so I think any change took place then.

Even more specifically, HD programs that I had recorded prior to installing RC4 or 1.0 final could not be played after the change (sound but no vision) but VLC would play the .TS files.

I have made no other hardware or software changes - and I did upload a log on the first post in this thread.

My system is based on a Gigabyte GA-73PVM-SH2 motherboard which uses the nVidia GeForce 7100/nForce630i chipset, Hauppage WinTV-HVR-4000 quad card (although in practise I only use the DVB-S card), Intel Core 2 Dua @2.6Ghz, 2 Gig memory.

I repeat, everything else works, it is only the lack of picture on the HD channel that is the problem

doogle

Portal Pro
October 24, 2008
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
Here's my logs after starting MP RC3 - I turned TV on and viewed a DVB-T h.264 channel (RTE1) for about 10 seconds and then turned off and closed MP.

I read in another thread about issues with TSreader/writer - were these changed after RC3?

doogle

Portal Pro
October 24, 2008
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
My tuner card is different to wjw

My OS is different to wjw

My hardware is different to wjw

We both use same codecs.

We both have issue with MP 1.0 on HD channels

We both can use RC3 for HD channels.

Does anyone feel they can run with this issue to find a cause/solution? :D

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I appreciate that you like to have all the specs information, if only to satisfy yourself that this is not the issue, but the hardware and platform specs have not changed on my PC - I have only a problem with MP 1.0 & no problem for HD channels on RC3.

I will upload logs later to give full specs, etc.

Hi,
    It was more to see where you got the tv source from, codecs & graphic card used, usually posting these on first post helps out to spot where to look.

Regards
    Roy

doogle

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi Roy

Thanks for your reply. Please let me know if any further information is needed to investigate this issue.

Thanks
    Doogle
    :D

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Hmmm, please test the attached TsReader.ax(just replace the one in MP root folder after you have done a backup of it).
    If this works then it worked before due to a bug or we got it wrong(will check if it works).........

Regards
    Roy

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Success!:D

I installed MP 1.0, replaced the TSreader file with the one you provided, and it works. I can now see live HD broadcast as well aas previously recorded programmes.

Many thanks indeed.

doogle

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    That is very good news! I will risk disharmony at home tonight and install MP 1.0 again.

Roy, I was wondering what you meant when you said "If this works then it worked before due to a bug or we got it wrong" ?

doogle

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Alas this has not really worked completely. Here's what I did:

Uninstalled RC3 and installed MP 1.0. replaced tsreader.ax with new one supplied by Roy. Forgot to register this last night, but registered it this morning with no change (not sure if that was actually necessary). Configured as before with PDVD8 h.264 decoder.

DVB-S channels OK as before, BBC HD now ok. MPEG4 channels via DVB-T show no audio/video and cause PC to hang. I think there is a stream present because the TELETEXT button appears after turning on TV. Unable to collect logs for this as PC hangs (very frustrating and time-consuming) :oops:

I then tried using MP decoders and found that I did get a distorted video on both BBC HD and DVB-T MPEG4 channels. I'm not sure if the MP h.264 decoder was available in RC3, so I have not tested that. The video has large black bands top & bottom (as if the aspect ratio is 16:3 or something) and I can see the very top of the video with channel logo. The rest of the video is grey, with a sort of outline of people in the video (that's the best description I can give). Reverting to PDVD8 again and BBC HD is OK, but DVB-T MPEG4 causes PC to hang (as before). Logs attached after watching BBC HD with MP decoders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom