ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    If you watch them from movies, movies codecs it's used else it should be the same as "live TV", your sample plays nice here & looks good. Not sure what this could be.....

Regards
    Roy

doogle

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    That's interesting. So I watched the same sample I uploaded in My TV/Recorded Tv and it looks fine. Then I moved the file to where My Videos are located and it looks as it did when I recorded it, i.e. distorted. I moved it back to the default recordings folder and was able to watch it perfectly again inMy TV/Recorded TV.

This is most odd. Are different codecs used by different parts of MP? For example, is MY TV/Recorded TV using a different one to My Videos? And maybe a different one for Live TV? Very odd if it is, but how can my behaviour be explained?

Regards
    Doogle

metropolis

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2007
    Orpington
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ther is a known problem with V.1.0 with HD and subtitles, so BBC HD crashes. Update with the SVN and all is good again. Same happened to me.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    That's interesting. So I watched the same sample I uploaded in My TV/Recorded Tv and it looks fine. Then I moved the file to where My Videos are located and it looks as it did when I recorded it, i.e. distorted. I moved it back to the default recordings folder and was able to watch it perfectly again inMy TV/Recorded TV.

This is most odd. Are different codecs used by different parts of MP? For example, is MY TV/Recorded TV using a different one to My Videos? And maybe a different one for Live TV? Very odd if it is, but how can my behaviour be explained?

Regards
    Doogle

Hi,
    Viewed from movies uses own codecs selected in video section in configuration, thats one thing. When viewed from recorded tv should be the same as viewed in "live tv", hmmmm.
    You could start MediaPortal Logs Collector, use the pre first & start MP -> view live tv, stop live tv & start the rec from recorded tv & then stop, if you have it available for videos too try it there also. Then collect all logs(post step), this should give all filter connections in 3 different images, maybe it will tell something....

Regards
    Roy

doogle

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Logs attached. I startedMP and turned on MPEG2 DVB-S channel. Turned off TV. Scheduled a recording of DVB-T MPEG4 channel (RTE2). Started watching that from 'live point'. Changed channel to another DVB-T MPEG4 (RTE1) and could watch that, even though I was recording RTE2. Stopped watching by pressing stop on remote. Started My Videos and watched the sample I uploaded already. Everything OK. The one I could not try (which is what my issue is) is to start an MPEG4 channel directly because the PC hangs and no logs can be collected.

I realised that codecs are set separately for My Videos and I'm using PDVD8 for h.264/mpeg4 here and in My TV.

Many thanks for your help with this, Roy. Much appreciated.

Doogle

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The one I could not try (which is what my issue is) is to start an MPEG4 channel directly because the PC hangs and no logs can be collected.
    1. Start -> All Programs -> Team MediaPortal -> MediaPortal -> MediaPortal Debug
    2. then directly tune this mpeg4 channel and wait at least 3 minutes if MP "hangs".
    3. if it does not recover, kill mediaportal.exe by pressing "ctrl+alt+enter" to open the taskmanager
    4. attach the created logs

it would be also nice if you could try an other h.264 codec.
    such as the free one now included in divx7.

doogle

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    It's not possible to "ctrl+alt+enter" as the PC is unresponsive and a forced shutdown by holding down the power button for about 5 seconds is the only option.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    It's not possible to "ctrl+alt+enter" as the PC is unresponsive and a forced shutdown by holding down the power button for about 5 seconds is the only option.
    How long did you wait?

Also please try the divx h.264 codec as i suggested. It is possible that your PowerDVD codec "causes" the problem.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    PowerDVD uses HW acceleration, so it might trigger some bug in the drivers indeed. So its good to test with other h264 codecs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom