MP2 - V2.1 [MP2-678] No helper text for "Search programs" (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
September 29, 2015
Home Country
Germany Germany
I think it's not worth to open a thread for that, so I also post it here. It's related to the footer in home menu.
The help text for "search programs" is missing.
Unbenannt.jpg

Cordraconis

Portal Pro
July 26, 2016
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Not sure which version you are talking about, but I have MediaPortal 2.1 Pre Release 2 (I haven't tested the final version yet) and i can confirm there is no text there.
(I don't think there should be, btw ...)

On the same note: When useing the "search programs" function, I noticed it only searches in the *names* of the programs and not in the description.

for example, when I want to search for "doc", it only finds "Doc: Wild Columbia" and not "Planet Earth", while the EPG description clearly states it is a documentary about the various ecosystems of the earth.

Maybe this is a bug or it can be expanded to include the *descriptions* in the EPG???

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not sure which version you are talking about, but I have MediaPortal 2.1 Pre Release 2 (I haven't tested the final version yet) and i can confirm there is no text there.
    (I don't think there should be, btw ...)
    There should be a search text, all other Menu tiles have one. And the search text could already clear up where the function is searching. "Search for program titles in your EPG and find your desired programs"
    On the same note: When useing the "search programs" function, I noticed it only searches in the *names* of the programs and not in the description.
    As mentioned above, genre (Currently MP2 has no genres for TV ...) and descriptions are not part of the search function. It would take far too much time to check also the descriptions.

Cordraconis

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2016
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Ah Ok, it is missing then.

As mentioned above, genre (Currently MP2 has no genres for TV ...) and descriptions are not part of the search function. It would take far too much time to check also the descriptions.
    Bummer. I don't know the filename of the EPG from the top of my head, but I'll hunt it down and see how large it is and try to open it and then ctrl+F with some keywords and see how long it takes. My feeling is it shouldn't take that long, but I can be wrong.
    Still I think it could be a nice option to tick off in the settings, but I'll leave it up to you guys.

Edit: tvguide.xml (I use WebGrab++) is 4.8MB large and when opened in Notepad and using ctrl+F to search for "docu" I got a lot of hits. Most of the hits where from a genre tag, dough, not from the word "documentary" in the description.
    Based in this, I'll make this an official request for implementing a "genre" tag in MP2. (and still check the descriptions? ;-) So you type a keyword and then you can tag where you want to search: title, genre, discription ...

I also got a good laugh at "beavers behaving badly". Sounds like something completely different than a documentary about the woodchewing animals! And definately something you wouldn't find with the curent title-search-only. :-D

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread