No indication of overlapping recording broadcastings (1 Viewer)

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello guys, after melmak21 have post the problems in german thread i have see that im not alone with this problem. Normaly i make all my shedules with TvWishList so i haven't see the overlapping message. Yesterday i tryed 6-9 manual adde shedules of variouse channels and there is no overlapping message. In the past i have make my shedules manual and there i have seen the overlapping message when 2 recordings have overlapped. But now no more message about that, i can give you the log later this day, when i'm on the htpc. The Time for testing was yesterday about 20:45 - 21:00.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you @D3ltoroxp,

You may have noticed that the thread is already marked as [Bug] and therefore it is no surprise that you have the same issues. A newly compiled test version has been posted in this thread, which you may want to test. Beware though, it will likely break TVWishlist....

@Sebastiii , I confirm melmark's observation that exchanging the three TVServer files is not changing the notification behavior. I ran five simultaneous records and then added another six overlapping programmings and no conflict message was generated. Did not reinstall the new compiled version.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't understand why the patch/installer Sebastiii provided is not working. Please try the attached patch which has the same code change but slightly different logging so that it is clear the patch is installed correctly.

Attachments

• MP 1.9 multi-tuner conflict detection fix.zip
      62.8 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @mm1352000
    I have a third dll otherwise it didn't compil, why it's ok for you ? :)
    And about plugin compatibility (because of remove code in Schedule.cs) :p

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please try the attached patch which has the same code change but slightly different logging so that it is clear the patch is installed correctly.
    I have a third dll otherwise it didn't compil, why it's ok for you ?
    Alright, now I am a little bit confused: can you confirm if there are just the two tv*.dll to bec changed or also the conflictmanager.dll?

Also, can we define what the expected behavior is to be? At what time should the notification screen appear that there are conflicting programmings? Upon scheduling the n+1th for n available tuners?[DOUBLEPOST=1413718235][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Nobody uses ConflictManager so I didn't bother to include that DLL.
    Still confused. The respective dll is part of the standard roll-out of TV Server, yet it cannot be activated or deactivated in the plugin section. What is the function of this dll then if it is not used?

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    i can't really understand to explain, when i try to fix it, i have use description from user and fill my EPG with xml data etc. (that i don't use right now) so act like no EPG lol

And i trust mm more than me on that (and also elsewhere lol) :p

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Alright, now I am a little bit confused: can you confirm if there are just the two tv*.dll to bec changed or also the conflictmanager.dll?
    As above. In my patch there are 2 DLLs. I don't want any confusion about how conflict detection works in MediaPortal. It does not involve the ConflictManager plugin, so I didn't include it.

Also, can we define what the expected behavior is to be? At what time should the notification screen appear that there are conflicting programmings? Upon scheduling the n+1th for n available tuners?
    Yes, as I described previously:
    • you'll only be notified of conflicts when you create a new schedule
    • you should be notified on creating any schedule that TV Server thinks it can't record with the available tuners (which depends on whether the schedule "episodes" including pre/post time overlap, and whether channels are on the same transponder/multiplex/transmitter)
    • you should be notified about all existing schedules that conflict with the new schedule that you're about to create
    • you should not be notified about conflicts between existing schedules

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom