No mini video on Weather in BasicHome Horizontal Style 2 (1 Viewer)

AcesHigh

Portal Member
August 12, 2010
Home Country
This is a very minor issue I’ve noticed (and hopefully an easy fix).

You have video or TV playing and you go back to BasicHome (horizontal style 2 – menu and ticker at bottom of sceen), the video will continue playing in the small box on the lower right. If you go left or right along the BasicHome menu, the small video will be there for every menu item except the Weather. Video disappears but audio continues.

This happens with both the “static” weather background and also the “dynamic – weather linked” backgrounds.

Once again, not a big issue but maybe an easy fix. Sorry if this has been brought up before, I did try to search for it.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
This is a very minor issue I’ve noticed (and hopefully an easy fix).

You have video or TV playing and you go back to BasicHome (horizontal style 2 – menu and ticker at bottom of sceen), the video will continue playing in the small box on the lower right. If you go left or right along the BasicHome menu, the small video will be there for every menu item except the Weather. Video disappears but audio continues.

This happens with both the “static” weather background and also the “dynamic – weather linked” backgrounds.

Once again, not a big issue but maybe an easy fix. Sorry if this has been brought up before, I did try to search for it.

I turn off the video overlay on the weather option as the weather images overwrite the video, just checked and was a bit too keen as there is enough room on that menu style for both.

This has been fixed and will be in the next patch.

thx

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    It's possible that this is done intentionally because if you have the 5 day forecast on your basic home screen there isn't room for the video preview as well.

BasicHomeVertWeather-thumb.JPG

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It's possible that this is done intentionally because if you have the 5 day forecast on your basic home screen there isn't room for the video preview as well.

BasicHomeVertWeather-thumb.JPG

Yes, but for horizontal there is enough room so we have fixed it for that.

claimui

Portal Member
    August 25, 2010
    It would be nice to have a fix for people who aren't using the 5-day forecast as well. I recently noticed that the weather indicator in the top right corner is also missing on the Weather page. It's a little ironic that I can see the weather on every menu item except for Weather!

Or maybe I'm the only one not using the 5-day forecast? It is just too cluttered for my taste -- spoils the nice scenery of the backdrop. :)

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    It would be nice to have a fix for people who aren't using the 5-day forecast as well. I recently noticed that the weather indicator in the top right corner is also missing on the Weather page. It's a little ironic that I can see the weather on every menu item except for Weather!

Or maybe I'm the only one not using the 5-day forecast? It is just too cluttered for my taste -- spoils the nice scenery of the backdrop. :)

Good point, then summary should only be hidden if using full 5 day weather, will fix it for the next patch.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom