MP2 - Spring'16 No player for live tv (Windows 7) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ... but now it is fixed! Your previous post set me on a hunt. I could not find Windows Media player anywhere so I Googled to see if I could get it somewhere as a standalone installer. That led me to this page: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...layer-in/7d0f31a1-2999-4597-9c43-b48b075c5e57

I tried all the steps on that page and still could not locate Windows Media Player. Then I got to the end and read:

If you are running the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, you can download the latest version from the following link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53356

I AM running Windows 10 Anniversary Update. I installed the x64 version of KB3133719-x64.msu but it wouldn't let me install the x86 version. Never mind, I could now find Windows Media Player on my system. So I opened it, accepted the recommended settings and opened MediaPortal..... all working!
    Thanks a lot for reporting back! I have already added your download link to our wiki.

Maybe change the installation instructions to point people with the Windows 10 anniversary update to KB3133719 or have people check whether they have Windows Media Player installed?
    Thank you everyone for your help. Off to tell the wife that she can watch telly again... phew!
    I already thought about this. At least we could add a check for missing evr.dll (this one failed to load) and point users for requirement of manual installation of media pack.

Would you help to test this change? As I am not sure what exactly was missing on N build, I would first try to check existance of evr.dll. But to verify this, could you uninstall the media pack and try an installer? (when it is ready)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom