MP2 - Spring'16 No player for live tv (Windows 7) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyTheFish

Portal Pro
September 5, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
For me on Windows 10, I think I still have the same problems I'm afraid. Attached are my logs. The 2016-11-28 logs are from the previous weekly testbuild. The 2016-12-02 logs are from the most recent testbuild from Morpheus in this thread.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Interesting screenshot...
    Tuner #5 shows the same channel Twice and user Scheduled
    Tuner #6 shows a different channel and as user Scheduled.

Is there Any way possible there is an MP1 install on the MP2 disk you boot?
    Just trying to understand how a Channel is started Long before you even start the client.
    That still does not answer why tuner #6 will not start with MP2

BillyTheFish

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    By the way, I have just tried to start timeshifting manually via the TV Server configuration and a .ts file and a TSBUFFER file is created. If I open the .ts file with vlcplayer, it streams fine.

Recordings work perfectly via manual control as well and play as they should in vlcplayer.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    @BillyTheFish
    I have never seen this error before.....
    [2016-12-02 23:13:37,400] [4390 ] [Thread31 ] [WARN ] - ServerConnectionManager: Error checking attachment state at home server '4c68f68d-08c0-49c3-bcbb-da13d08b6a75'
    System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Is there Any way possible there is an MP1 install on the MP2 disk you boot?
    Just trying to understand how a Channel is started Long before you even start the client.
    That still does not answer why tuner #6 will not start with MP2

I absolutely fail to see how anything related to MP1 could influence anything on the MP2 SSD. That SSD had NEVER had MP1 on it. Do you have a suggestion? Magic software?
    I don't understand it, for sure.
    How to undo it, now that it's there???

An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
    Does sound like some software is getting really perturbed, doesn't it?

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    All I can think of is that the controller is storing info in some way....
    I do not know how your card works or what it is capable of...

thought:
    before you boot to MP2, Check MP1 for any scheduled items or running channels.
    Lets see if they are somehow transferring... end of my ideas.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Should I reinstall the KB patch? Will assume yes unless you say otherwise.
    No, with this posted build the KB patch should be no longer required, because I use fallback loading in this case.

So I would need a confirmation if this works as planned (new build, Windows 7, no KB patch).

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @BillyTheFish your issue is very different: in your case the EVR (video renderer) cannot be created:

92] [44182 ] [Thread31 ] [WARN ] - SlimTvPlayerBuilder: Error playing media item 'Resource '{04affa6c-ea42-4bd3-aa6f-c16dcef1d693}://0|C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\timeshiftbuffer\live3-0.ts.tsbuffer' at system '4c68f68d-08c0-49c3-bcbb-da13d08b6a75'
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {FA10746C-9B63-4B6C-BC49-FC300EA5F256} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.VideoPlayer.AddEvr()
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.VideoPlayer.AddPresenter()
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.BaseDXPlayer.SetMediaItem(IResourceLocator locator, String mediaItemTitle)
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.SlimTv.Client.Player.SlimTvPlayerBuilder.GetPlayer(MediaItem mediaItem)

This needs to be investigated more, but the message implies that the renderer is not available in your setup. What windows version do you have exactly? I this a N / KN build without media player?

Edit:
    Quote from our wiki:

Additional requirements for Windows 10 N and KN editions

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Morpheus, your new test build seems to work well.
    Clicking a channel in the MP2 channel list, or in the guide list and selecting watch now works: plays the channel with no errors shown.
    Two minor(?) issues.
    1) This build seems to require that the VC 2015 x86 be installed first (I had removed it after abandoning the Spring 2016 build). After restoring the VC, MP2 installed fine. If this is a requirement, I assume that future builds with install the VC.
    2) Both in the channel list and the guide, when I clicked the first channel in the list --nothing at all happened. No play, no error, no nothing. Tried several times. Clicking the 2nd channel worked the 1st time. After that, the 1st channel started working. Ain't it wonderful?

So -- proceed as is? Or wait for another build? And many thanks. I hope this has been useful. I'll be happy to keep testing future builds -- although I'm going to be away and/or pretty busy the rest of December.

[completely separate question: somewhere along the way, my W7 htpc computer in the living room disappeared off my LAN. Can no longer access the W7 htpc from my office desktop W7 computer, and vice versa. ??? Coincidence? ] W7 local networking is a GIANT step backwards.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom