MP2 - Spring'16 No player for live tv (Windows 7) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    All I can think of is that the controller is storing info in some way....
    I do not know how your card works or what it is capable of...

thought:
    before you boot to MP2, Check MP1 for any scheduled items or running channels.
    Lets see if they are somehow transferring... end of my ideas.

Reboot completely clear the tuners.
    I 'solved' this problem by uninstalling MP2 and deleting every single folder and file remotely connnected to MP (on the W7 disk)
    No recurrence with Morpheus' new build. (so far)

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    For me on Windows 10, I think I still have the same problems I'm afraid. Attached are my logs. The 2016-11-28 logs are from the previous weekly testbuild.
    Billy, I'm no expert by any means - but your logs clearly don't so the same problem I was getting -- as explained by Morpheus.

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Morpheus, Breese -- should I continue to use the test build? If so, should I post results here? Don't think I should start a new thread based on a build that others aren't using.

I see that recordings aren't working right. Haven't tried much else -- yet.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can use the build, it should be generally stable.

If you are interested in further testings, there will be a new major release of MP2 soon (MP 2.1 ;)). It will bring a lot of new features that require much testing. So if you are interested, let us know.

For the very issue of this thread I'd say it's fixed now.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is no clear date yet. The team is working hard on it and we expect a public test build "soon".

cewillis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2010
    Home Country
    If you are interested in further testings, there will be a new major release of MP2 soon (MP 2.1 ;)). It will bring a lot of new features that require much testing. So if you are interested, let us know.
    Quite willing to test, with two considerations: not much time the rest of December, and about the only thing I'm interested in is recording USA clear QAM TV - using a simple skin. (maybe a couple of streaming radio stations)

I'll keep looking for now, but wait until the 2.1 release to report any problems.

BillyTheFish

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @morpheus_xx Not fixed for me I'm afraid! I'm on a Pro N edition of Windows 10 (x64) but had both the x64 and the x86 media packs installed already.

Last edited:

BillyTheFish

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ... but now it is fixed! Your previous post set me on a hunt. I could not find Windows Media player anywhere so I Googled to see if I could get it somewhere as a standalone installer. That led me to this page: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...layer-in/7d0f31a1-2999-4597-9c43-b48b075c5e57

I tried all the steps on that page and still could not locate Windows Media Player. Then I got to the end and read:

If you are running the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, you can download the latest version from the following link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53356

I AM running Windows 10 Anniversary Update. I installed the x64 version of KB3133719-x64.msu but it wouldn't let me install the x86 version. Never mind, I could now find Windows Media Player on my system. So I opened it, accepted the recommended settings and opened MediaPortal..... all working!

Maybe change the installation instructions to point people with the Windows 10 anniversary update to KB3133719 or have people check whether they have Windows Media Player installed?

Thank you everyone for your help. Off to tell the wife that she can watch telly again... phew!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom