"No signal" when scanning for channels (1 Viewer)

Yendor0

July 27, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Trying to set up an HDhomerun tuner with windows 10, using all of the same settings that worked under windows 7. I'm unable to find any channels. Reports "No signal" for every channel scanned.
I can scan and watch all channels with the HDhomerun view application. Also, when running a channel scan with the MediaPortal TV-server configuration, I can see the tuners switching in the HDhomerun config tool. So the TV-server is able to control the tuners...
Same result with windows firewall completely disabled.
Any ideas what to try? Log files attached.

There is an error in the tv service log:
"Remoting configuration failed with the exception 'System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown..."
Unclear if this is the cause, or how to eliminate the error.

Yendor0

July 27, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Odd. HRC+3 is what works for me under win7 (MP ver 1.12). That's why I selected it for the win10 configuration. But with using Std QAM in the win10 configuration, I was able to find channels. Thx

Btw, the tv service error that I mentioned in the original post was my doing. I modified the hosts file, and in so doing created redundant entries for localhost. Don't do that in the hosts file for win10.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Odd. HRC+3 is what works for me under win7 (MP ver 1.12). That's why I selected it for the win10 configuration. But with using Std QAM in the win10 configuration, I was able to find channels. Thx
    Mmmm, that is indeed odd. I have no explanation, but I recommend sticking with QAM standard going forward. That's the right plan for almost everybody.

Btw, the tv service error that I mentioned in the original post was my doing. I modified the hosts file, and in so doing created redundant entries for localhost. Don't do that in the hosts file for win10.
    Ahhh, we learn something new everyday. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom