No sound and no EPG - Great picture though. (1 Viewer)

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    As above.

The MPC codecs have had their day and are almost obsolete with progress.

Powerful CPU and GPU (ie multicore cpu and a GPU above an HD4650) use LAV for everythng.

Below this in spec and use the MS Codecs (Vista and W7) for SD (video and Audio) and DIVX AAC for HD audio with LAV for HD Video (this will reduce cpu overheads and stuttering in less powerful CPU (down to a lowly AMD XP single core cpu @1.5GHz)

Last edited:

matonking

December 19, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    As above.

The MPC codecs have had their day and are almost obsolete with progress.

Powerful CPU and GPU (ie multicore cpu and a GPU above an HD4650) use LAV for everythng.

Below this in spec and use the MS Codecs (Vista and W7) for SD (video and Audio) and DIVX AAC for HD audio with LAV for HD Video (this will reduce cpu overheads and stuttering in less powerful CPU (down to a lowly AMD XP single core cpu @1.5GHz)

I just don't understand this now.

I've worked my way through the list of all codecs for the MPEG-2 Video decoder (Cyberlink ------> PP video) and they all give stuttering/pixelated images for standard definition.

Using LAV for everything works beautifully with HD channels, but LAV results in a pixelated (blocky) image for SD. Cyberlink video decoders and MPC results in a laggy image (it stutters every 5 seconds or so with half a second delay) but the image itself remains sharp (no blockyness).

I have a powerful multicore CPU and GPU. I use it for CFD modelling all the time with no issues. There must be something i've got enabled that must be causing this SD lag/stutter.

I'm competent with PC once I know what to know but I have no idea about codecs. Can anyone think of anything that I may be missing?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You can do the following

1. Run MP in windows mode, then run graphedit to check what codec(s) are actually being used when you play. Sometimes reported codecs/codecs in settings don't match what is actually being used, perhaps you are "double codec-ing" on mpeg2 streams
    2. Try different audio renderer eg. the mediaportal audio renderer (Yes audio renderer can effect video)
    3. Try using ffmpeg for mpeg2

Last edited:

matonking

December 19, 2012
    Home Country
    You can do the following

1. Run MP in windows mode, then run graphedit to check what codec(s) are actually being used when you play. Sometimes reported codecs/codecs in settings don't match what is actually being used, perhaps you are "double codec-ing" on mpeg2 streams
    2. Try different audio renderer eg. the mediaportal audio renderer (Yes audio renderer can effect video)
    3. Try using ffmpeg for mpeg2

How do you use GraphEdit? I'll go to File>Connect to remote graph but there is nothing there. (P.S no idea whats on the tv)
    graphedit.png
    even with the MP TV playing.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    You need to register an extra dll (proppage.dll) to make 'connect to remote graph' work in Win7 - see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ound-works-on-server.97836/page-2#post-762325

I notice in your SD render stats that you have subtitles and (maybe) teletext enabled - just in case this is causing problems, try disabling those in MP config (Teletext won't work in the UK anyway with MP - DVB subtitles do work OK).

Tony

Last edited:

matonking

December 19, 2012
    Home Country
    You need to register an extra dll (proppage.dll) to make 'connect to remote graph' work in Win7 - see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ound-works-on-server.97836/page-2#post-762325

I notice in your SD render stats that you have subtitles and (maybe) teletext enabled - just in case this is causing problems, try disabling those in MP config (Teletext won't work in the UK anyway with MP - DVB subtitles do work OK).

Tony

I registered it as follows:

c:\Users\Mark\Desktop> regsvr32 proppage.dll

This gives "RegSvr32" box name with "D11RegisterServier in proppage.dll succeeded" written inside it.

However I still can't see anything on graphedit when I search for a remote graph. Did I register it properly?

I have DVB subtitles enabled not teletext, but i've made my way through all of the option and disabled both.

In the case of the audio renders, only a couple on the list actually output any audio at all. All the audio renders that do output audio still cause the lagging issue

EDIT:

In the bottom of the screen there is a red bar. When I rotate the mousewheel it seems to skip different times EVEN though i'd of changed the channel i.e I can still watch something on a previous channel that happenes a few minutes ago. Could this be causing lag?

EDIT:

I managed to reduce the lag by disabling the TV card tuners that I don't need. The lag is still present but less frequent ( instead of every 5 seconds its about every 10 seconds ).

EDIT:

Spoke too soon. It's lagging the same amount. How can it be working lag free then all of a sudden a laggy as hell.

Last edited:

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    While playing live tv hit Shift+1

Are there flat lines?

What is the refresh rate? Ie. display :1920x 1080 @ 50hz. What Hz does it say? what refresh rate can ur tv do? Is windows set your monitor to the correct refresh rate?

For the love of god, use LAV and set it (in the MP config shortcut) under 'Codecs and renderers' with the properties page to the correct hardware deinterlacing setting. Nvidia = cuvid , ati = dxva2 , intel CPU only = quicksync

matonking

December 19, 2012
    Home Country
    While playing live tv hit Shift+1

Are there flat lines?

What is the refresh rate? Ie. display :1920x 1080 @ 50hz. What Hz does it say? what refresh rate can ur tv do? Is windows set your monitor to the correct refresh rate?

For the love of god, use LAV and set it (in the MP config shortcut) under 'Codecs and renderers' with the properties page to the correct hardware deinterlacing setting. Nvidia = cuvid , ati = dxva2 , intel CPU only = quicksync

On the previous page I posted some pictures showing shift+1. My monitor is 60Hz it says that it is running at 60Hz but the FPS is jumping from about 14-25. You can see the sharp drops in the red line. My monitor works fine with everything else, and my nvidia control panel says its at 60Hz, as it should be. It works fine on HD, it's the SD videos that are lagging. The audio for SD is continuous but the video keeps pausing for half a second every 5 seconds. The TV guide interface freezes when the video freezes too so it must be a lagging issue somewhere!

I've tried with LAV for the video, it works on HD but for SD it results in a very blocky image.

I have no idea where the cuvid stuff is, could you send me a screenshot of it? Someone else mentioned that and I went through every single tab and couldn't see anything about cuvid/dxva2 etc.

Can you help me get the TV back on? I pressed the "STOP live TV" botton and now even when I press the "TV on" light nothing appears only a black screen.

notv.PNG

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    60HZ is the default windows refresh rate... u probably havnt set it up correctly to match your screen.
    do u know for certain incoming tv runs at 60Hz from the broadcaster coz that doesnt sound right. UK should be either 50hz or 23hz (23.976).

open device manager in windows and find ur monitor.. make sure the refresh rate is set corretly there before opening MP.

Next the cuvid hardware deinterlacing (nvidia card users) . Open the MP Config shortcut on your desktop(or in start menu). find Codecs and Renderers in the list, go to video codecs ..select LAV video. next to it is a small button to open its properties page.. set hardware deinterlacing option there and...

your done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom