No sound and no EPG - Great picture though. (1 Viewer)

matonking

December 19, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
60HZ is the default windows refresh rate... u probably havnt set it up correctly to match your screen.
do u know for certain incoming tv runs at 60Hz from the broadcaster coz that doesnt sound right. UK should be either 50hz or 23hz (23.976).

open device manager in windows and find ur monitor.. make sure the refresh rate is set corretly there before opening MP.

Next the cuvid hardware deinterlacing (nvidia card users) . Open the MP Config shortcut on your desktop(or in start menu). find Codecs and Renderers in the list, go to video codecs ..select LAV video. next to it is a small button to open its properties page.. set hardware deinterlacing option there and...

your done.

I changed my main monitor to 50Hz, the other one won't let me change, but I don't use that for TV. ( If it was a case of the monitor Hz then why would it run perfectly fine on HD signals? surely it would lag on both if it was a streaming Hz )

There is no little button next to it. The only clickable thing is the arrow to open up the list!

lavdecoder.PNG

Also can you help me get the TV running again? No idea how to restart the stream.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    you can also reach the codecs property page from graphedit... un mp in windowed mode.. have lav set and play video file...open graphedit and connect to remote graph.. right click the lav video decoder
    lav shortcuts should also appear in your sart menu

Last edited:

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    MP config codecsc for tv .ts files and LAV settings.JPG

These are my settings.

The highlighted settings in LAV should be set for your video card ATI = DXVA native, NV =CUVID as a base to start.

matonking

December 19, 2012
    Home Country
    you can also reach the coceds property page from graphedit... un mp in windowed mode.. have lav set and play video file...open graphedit and connect to remote graph.. right click the lav video decoder
    lav shortcuts should also appear in your sart menu

Also having the problem that GraphEdit isn't finding the video at all. If you look back a couple posts you'll see me discussing it with someone. I registered that proppage.dll thing and it still won't connect to it.

I managed to edit the hardware decoder (previously set to "nothing") by searching for LAV video configuration in the Start menu (so thanks for that tip)

Still can't get the Live TV to actually play though.. must of broken something by hitting "Stop" in the "STOP live TV". Hitting "TV on" does nothing.

Any suggestions?

View attachment 117552

These are my settings.

The highlighted settings in LAV should be set for your video card ATI = DXVA native, NV =CUVID as a base to start.

I don't understand why I don't have the same options available! I don't have that little box next to the codecs to allow you to edit the properties ( on standard/expert mode )

I found it by searching for LAV in the start menu and edited it from there. I'll select your video and audio settings and see what happens. Thanks

If you hit "Stop" while watching the live TV, should hitting "TV on" turn the TV back on? Because it isn't.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ur probably not using the latest beta version of MP then...that option has been in since 1.3 alpha

there is a link on our homepage for 1.3 beta there if u want to try it..great skins, etc

u must uninstall mp on your pc and reboot before installing a new version.. just to be sure delete the \team-mediaportal\ directories in both c:\programdata and c:\program files after the reboot and before u install a new version

u have found the opton from the start menu now... can u play ANY video files?

Last edited:

matonking

December 19, 2012
    Home Country
    ur probably not using the latest beta version of MP then...that option has been in since 1.3 alpha

there is a link on our homepage for 1.3 beta there if u want to try it..great skins, etc

u must uninstall mp on your pc and reboot before installing a new version.. just to be sure delete the \team-mediaportal\ directories in both c:\programdata and c:\program files after the reboot and before u install a new version

u have found the opton from the start menu now... can u play ANY video files?

Installing the new version now. Will update once I have it up and running.[DOUBLEPOST=1356195997][/DOUBLEPOST]Alright with everything working, and set up with the decoder thing as CUVID (as I have an nvidia graphics card) this is what I get.

Audio runs smooth.
    LAV is pixelated mess that runs continuously
    Microsoft DTV-DVD gives a sharper image but is more like a skipping slideshow montage
    MPC same as above

comparison.png

What the hell is going on!

jehe

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi matonking,
    Do you have other codec packs installed beside LAV.?
    Can you play any mpeg2 files (dvd)?(like silentyl asked)
    Have you installed the latest driver for your GPU?
    Have you installed the latest driver for your tvcard?
    Can you post your logs?

matonking

December 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi matonking,
    Do you have other codec packs installed beside LAV.? No Idea doubt it though
    Can you play any mpeg2 files (dvd)?(like silentyl asked) Downloaded an Mpeg file and can play it on WMP and VLC no problem
    Have you installed the latest driver for your GPU? Did that for Far Cry 3 so it's deffinately the latest ( latest bios too )
    Have you installed the latest driver for your tvcard? Yup I have the BGT 3620 with the latest drivers
    Can you post your logs?
    uploaded

I managed to stream with VLC okay, the audio was about 1-2seconds behind the video. The video itself was however jumping just as much as it is when I watch the channels on MediaPortal.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Your NV driver may be having problems LAV CUVID (it is known to happen)

Try LAV video set to DXVA native.

If your cpu is powerfull enough then LAV video set to 'none' will use cpu only and no gpu; for another test.

Haven't seeen this mentioned but have you any antivirus software monitoring the folders that MP uses for video files and timeshifting ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom