No subtitles on a few channels (1 Viewer)

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Provider: Dutch Ziggo.

channels with no subs (it does show CC, and auto: Dutch, but nothing is displayed)

History HD
    Extreme sports
    Travel channel HD
    E! HD
    Discovery science
    Discovery world
    Animal planet HD

Can anyone on Ziggo confirm this ?

Second of all , what is needed to investigate this ? Logs dont show anything since it looks like everything is working fine ?
    a raw .ts dump maybe ?

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Second of all , what is needed to investigate this ? Logs dont show anything since it looks like everything is working fine ?
    a raw .ts dump maybe ?
    Log files and probably a short (~60 second) recording.
    well i have everything ready to upload , but these settings dont seem to work anymore ?

Last edited by a moderator:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I confirm. There seems to be a problem with the credentials, because I can connect to the same FTP server with private dev credentials.

@high
    Please could you check the FTP account for public TS dump access.

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ups..should have updated the wiki...I disabled this account roughly half a year ago with 6 months of no valid uploads and just bots trying to upload endless amounts of movies/series.
    It's online again for now (on request) but you both can use dev creds anyway ;)

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ups..should have updated the wiki...I disabled this account roughly half a year ago with 6 months of no valid uploads and just bots trying to upload endless amounts of movies/series.
    It's online again for now (on request) but you both can use dev creds anyway ;)
    you can close it again .. its uploaded
    folder TS
    filename: MP_nosubs_MM1352000.zip (logs and 60 second recording)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    did you find the time to look @ the upload ?
    Not until just now.

It's clear that the sample recording only contains video and audio streams. The PMT includes a reference to a Dutch DVB subtitles stream (which is why MP and VLC show the option), however there is no DVB subtitle data present. This may or may not be a bug. If there is a bug, it is most likely not a TVE or MP bug. Why?
    1. These channels may have "fixed" (constant) PMT even though subtitles are only available for certain programs. This would be a provider (Ziggo or upstream/backhaul supplier) issue, not an MP/TVE bug.
    2. The subtitle stream may not be decrypted properly (so TVE throws away the still-encrypted subtitles before they even reach MP). If using a DD CI + CAM for decryption, this can only be a DD driver or CAM bug.
    3. The subtitle stream is decrypted but TVE throws the data away. Very unlikely, but there's a slim possibility. This would be a TVE bug... but probability of this option is ~0.000001%.
    The best way to proceed is to examine the "raw" stream and check if the DVB subtitles stream is present with data. That way we would know if the stream is not present, present but encrypted (and therefore thrown away), or present and not encrypted (=> TVE bug).

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    did you find the time to look @ the upload ?
    Not until just now.

It's clear that the sample recording only contains video and audio streams. The PMT includes a reference to a Dutch DVB subtitles stream (which is why MP and VLC show the option), however there is no DVB subtitle data present. This may or may not be a bug. If there is a bug, it is most likely not a TVE or MP bug. Why?
    1. These channels may have "fixed" (constant) PMT even though subtitles are only available for certain programs. This would be a provider (Ziggo or upstream/backhaul supplier) issue, not an MP/TVE bug.
    2. The subtitle stream may not be decrypted properly (so TVE throws away the still-encrypted subtitles before they even reach MP). If using a DD CI + CAM for decryption, this can only be a DD driver or CAM bug.
    3. The subtitle stream is decrypted but TVE throws the data away. Very unlikely, but there's a slim possibility. This would be a TVE bug... but probability of this option is ~0.000001%.
    The best way to proceed is to examine the "raw" stream and check if the DVB subtitles stream is present with data. That way we would know if the stream is not present, present but encrypted (and therefore thrown away), or present and not encrypted (=> TVE bug).
    ok what do you need from me ?
    i do have a raw monitoring tool which says it has dut subs ?
    upload_2015-6-26_10-55-25.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom