No tuning at all - UnknownError (1 Viewer)

Damandan

Portal Pro
May 19, 2007
Tegelen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
TV-Server Version: 16742
MediaPortal Version: irrelevant
MediaPortal Skin: irrelevant
Windows Version: Windows Vista Ultimate x64 SP1
CPU Type: AMD Athlon64 3800+ X2
Memory: 2GB
Motherboard: MSI K8N Neo Platinum
Motherboard Chipset: nForce 4
Motherboard Bios: latest
Video Card: 8800 Ultra
Video Card Driver: 169.28
Sound Card: Creative Soundblaster Live 24-bit
Sound Card AC3: same
Sound Card Driver: latest
1. TV Card: Twinhan Mantis 2033 DVB-C
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: 1.1.0.300
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Decoder
MPEG2 Audio Codec: AC3Filter
Satelite/CableTV Provider: home
HTPC Case: Coolermaster Stacker
Cooling: Air
Power Supply: Gigabyte Odin 800Watt
Remote: tv-card supplied
TV: 26" LCD
TV - HTPC Connection: Component

I have also posted this in one of the other sections of this forum, but now I see that I have to post the problem here.:oops:

Ever since svn 16660 I can't use tv server because of "UnknownError"-error. This happens when using an allready existing database and when creating the database with this svn. Also it happens when trying to view via MP and when trying to preview via TVEngine itself. Also it is impossible to scan channels as I get "no signal" on all frequencies. The tv-card is detected however.

I attached the logs below. These are just the TVServer logs as the problem has it's roots in TVServer and MP is not involved. The whole system is running in single-seat but this should not be of influence to this bug.

The logs where created by first run of tvserver and doing a channel preview and then a frequency scan.
Hope this gets solved because the last svn that was working no longer has working subtitles on BBC's and Discovery Science.

When reverting back to SVN 16660 all works great, except the occasional no video/audio and no subtitle bug.

kuehnch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2006
    Cologne (Köln)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Your error.log contains the information, that the component with the id "FC50BED6-FE38-42D3-B831-771690091A6E" cannot be found. The component, which uses this id, is TsWriter.

Try to reregister the component by hand. To do this, run "regsvr32 <mptvserverdirpath>\TsWriter.ax" from commandshell (cmd).

Damandan

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2007
    Tegelen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the tip. I will try this tomorrow or sunday. Will post back if it has worked or not.

kuehnch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2006
    Cologne (Köln)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried to setup the tvserver on my vista business 64bit machine with success. But i had to do one essential thing:

Compiling TVserver as x86-version to make sure that it is 100% 32bit. Otherwise, a lot of exceptions were thrown while running (i was not able to scan for new channels etc.).

Damandan

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2007
    Tegelen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, unregistering and then registering TsWriter.ax did not solve the problem. Still FC50BED6-FE38-42D3-B831-771690091A6E cannot be found. But it is strange that revision 16660 does not have the problem.
    I will try to compile the tv server in x86 later this week if this doesn't get fixed. Thanks for the help though

Damandan

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2007
    Tegelen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the tip kuehnch! I compiled revision 16875 today as x86 and voilá..it works.

richy759

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Damandan,
    Do you know where the problem lies?
    I have this problem also.
    Cheers,
    Rich

Damandan

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2007
    Tegelen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The problem is the fact that the SVN snapshots are compiled against the AnyCPU target, which (at least the way I understand it) recognises which CPU type you have (x86/x64) and then runs in the mode which is best for your CPU. However, this seems to cause the problem that we are experiencing. So to fix this, you just have to download the sourcecode off of SVN and compile it against the x86 CPU target. That way it works for me. Although it is more work then just downloading pre-compiled packages.

richy759

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Seeing as the 64-bit mode does not work, is there any change the devs can build in x86 mode then? (if any are watching...)

Rich

testimies

Portal Pro
    October 12, 2007
    Espoo
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hello.

What has happened since svn 16660 that prevents us with 64 bit OS to use tv server? It might be too difficult for me to compile from source code. (Where can I get those anyway? :confused: ) Is it really neccessary?

I have the similar problem with these versions. When I try to start scanning for channels tv server crashes. It worked fine with older (11.11.2007) tv servers..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom