No tuning at all - UnknownError (1 Viewer)

Damandan

Portal Pro
May 19, 2007
Tegelen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I don't know what has changed since then, but I can compile the latest svn+tve for you to test. I will report back later when I'm finished. That way you can test if it works.

The added files are of revision 17352 .
The way to install them is:
1. Install Mediaportal 0.2.3.0.
2. Copy the content of xbmc from the zip to the mediaportal directory (don't copy xbmc itself, only it's content)
3. register all .ax files in the mediaportal directory again (open the files with regsvr32.exe)
4. install the tvserver
5. install tvserverplugin.

That way you have installed the latest revision of both MP and TVE

The files needed for this are too big to attach here on the forum, therefore I put them here:
http://members.home.nl/d-schwitzgebel/xbmc.rar
http://members.home.nl/d-schwitzgebel/Setup.msi
http://members.home.nl/d-schwitzgebel/SetupPlugin.msi

All seems to be working, except channel change which is sort of broken. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Workaround is to stop live tv and then tune to your desired channel.

testimies

Portal Pro
October 12, 2007
Espoo
Home Country
Finland Finland
:D :D :D

Excellent!! It really was the reason. I did like you wrote and now it works again. If you ever come to Finland I'll buy you a beer!!

That is a big problem when you have to compile straight from the source code before installing software. Hopefully developers fix this before I need to update again.

richy759

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks Damandan,
    fantastic stuff, all working!
    I just hope the devs take notice of this thread (please)

Rich

testimies

Portal Pro
    October 12, 2007
    Espoo
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Source codes & compiler

Hi Damandan,

I thought it might be neccessary in some point learn to compile those source codes. Where can I find latest source codes? What tools (compiler..) do I need?

By the way, was that xbmc.rar same as SVN build or should I have also installed latest SVN before copying those files into mediaportal directory?

Damandan

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2007
    Tegelen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Damandan,

I thought it might be neccessary in some point learn to compile those source codes. Where can I find latest source codes? What tools (compiler..) do I need?

By the way, was that xbmc.rar same as SVN build or should I have also installed latest SVN before copying those files into mediaportal directory?

The xbmc.rar was the same as SVN revision 17311. Except the splashscreen, which I don't know how to add the small text that states which revision you are running. To compile the source code I download it from svn and then compile it with Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (although there are other ways to compile).
    A complete how to on svn source code can be found here: MediaPortalDevelopment/CompilingMediaPortal - MediaPortal Wiki Documentation

Have fun!

Greets, Damandan

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England

Damandan

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2007
    Tegelen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I actually have it compiled already, so no extra work for me. In a few minutes the previous links will be to the updated content. Rev17352

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    OK it is getting closer.

I followed your instructions and when installing the SetupPlugin.msi I get an error "Module c:\Program files(x86)\MediaPortal\DVBSub2.ax failed to register. HRESULT -2147010895. Contact your support personnel." Continuing will finish the install, however something is not quite right. Manually trying to register the DVBSub2.ax, after install, with regsvr32.exe also throws up an error.

I can set up the TVServer and can now get it to scan for and find channels. In Manual Control of TVServer config I can start timeshifting and watch the .ts feed fine.

The problem comes in MyTV within MediaPortal. When I try to open MyTV it shows a full black screen with the message "Missing or invalid file".

So close yet so far :(

Any help much appreciated.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I followed your instructions and when installing the SetupPlugin.msi I get an error "Module c:\Program files(x86)\MediaPortal\DVBSub2.ax failed to register. HRESULT -2147010895. Contact your support personnel." Continuing will finish the install, however something is not quite right. Manually trying to register the DVBSub2.ax, after install, with regsvr32.exe also throws up an error.

Most likely following update is missing: Download details: Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

wich is listed in TV-Engine 0.3/requirements - MediaPortal Wiki Documentation

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom